Support Forum

4c8 diag ER4

ndm295@gmail.comndm295@gmail.com Posts: 35Verified User

Hi guys hope all is well. I have a 4c8 flashed about a year that has dragged up lots of codes. bike runs perfect, however I cant enter the diag mode like normal. if I use the more upto date map everything is fine , diag works perfect, I used this to erase the codes and then swopped back to my oe map from last year.

The only issue eally is that on the oe map I have quickshifter and on diag facitlity, on the new map I have diag but no shifter option. is there a mod or an upgrade.

Regards

Steve

Comments

• ndm295@gmail.comndm295@gmail.com Posts: 35Verified User

sorry, predictive text, that should read. quickshifter and no diag on the 1st map, no quickshifter and full diag on the latest map.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Let me look into this for you. What is your ECU part number?

Thanks,

Jason A.

PT No 4C8-8591A-01

Thank you Jason.

rgds Steve

Jason did you manage to have a look at this file.

Regards

Steve

Steve,

Yes I did but I can't seem to find any file of that part number ever with quickshift. You currently have a file for that bike you can see quickshift on though?

Thanks,

Jason A.

I have sent a copy of the file to you directly via your email.

Regards

Steve

Do you think this file can me modified Jason.

Regards

Steve

Hi,

The file you sent me is for part number -21 which is why you see all those options. The standard files for the -21 have all those same exact settings. When running that -21 file you say you get error codes, do you have any idea what those error codes are for? What modifications have been done to this bike?

Thanks,

Jason A.

No error codes Jason no. the bike has been flashed over a year and no problems. complete with quickshifter. The bike did throw up a code for a faulty o2 sensor at some stage and when you try to access the diag mode on the clock this map wont allow it. I ran the most up to date map and this allows the fault code to be errased. Bike runs fine on both maps. Map one wont allow the diag mode on the clock, but will allow the shifter. map two will allow the diag but no option for the shifter.

Regards

Steve

Any word on this one Jason.

Regards

Hi,

If map one allows the shifter to work I would suggest using that map. If you don't have any error codes then you don't need to access the diag mode as much as you would use your quickshifter.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• michaelerp@hotmail.demichaelerp@hotmail.de Posts: 10Verified User

Hello, and there is no Version with Quickshifter and Diag ... why ??

Hi,

The Diag doesn't work because you are using the wrong file for your ECU part number. There is no QS option in the -01 file and that may be able to be added in the future, but we are busy with other development projects at the moment.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• michaelerp@hotmail.demichaelerp@hotmail.de Posts: 10Verified User

Hello, i have a second ECU -40 but there is also no Image with QS, that means if a German wants Diag, he can flash only original files for 480 dollars ?? You had 13 Years to create an Image for these ECU, why are you selling your Flash Adapter to Germany if you have no Images ?? Thank you