Support Forum

i have a R1M 2015 model can i flash my ecu using graves mapping for r1 2015?

Aurelius.84@hotmail.comAurelius.84@hotmail.com Posts: 12Verified User

i have a R1M 2015 model can i flash my ecu using graves mapping for r1 2015? isit the same for r1/r1m?

Comments

• Aurelius.84@hotmail.comAurelius.84@hotmail.com Posts: 12Verified User

Sorry, I take off my ecu and I saw my ecu number is 2CR-8591A-40, I flashed with 2CR-8591A-40(EU) unrestricted, after flashed I put back the ecu to my bike, and I can’t start my bike, anyone know why?

• Navidtourian@hotmail.comNavidtourian@hotmail.com Posts: 28Verified User

You can try by re-flashing the ECU with the correct unrestricted file/ecu number.

I did flash with the correct unrestricted file/ecu number, I even flashed back the correct ecu number with stock file but my bike still unable to start.

I noticed after I switch on my bike there isn’t any sound coming from the fuel pump. What could have cause this problem?

Now I can’t reflash, it say no register ecu found.

Your license might needed to be reset your and Octavio from FTECU can only help you with that.

In all images , the file still shows EU.... did you actually flash it with none EU models file successfully and still didn't work out.

There night be something that only Octavio from FTECU can help out!!

Hope you get it resolved soon!

.....once I made the same mistake and flashed my R1 with EU file and it didn't start because in USA there is no immobilizer on bikes from factory, but after refreshing the right file ( none EU model ), it worked out!!!

I mean I can flash with US model file?

But my bike is EU, ecu number is 2CR-8591A-40

I see now....

If your bike and ECU is EU model R1, then only falsh it with exact ECU number and region (EU).

Are you using bike side harness or bench?

If bike side harness double check make sure all the pins are seated right in the ECU connector and there is no problem with the pins that goes inside the ECU connector.

If you are using bench kit, there must be a glitch or something that even when you falsh the ECU with right ECU number and region the bike does want to start and fuel pump is not priming.

I using bench kit, still waiting for them to reply :(

• octavio@ftecu.comoctavio@ftecu.com Posts: 191Staff User

Hi,

I believe we are the ones waiting for a e-mail reply. This answered one of our questions. How is your internet connection. Usually the bench harness is easier. I believe a full write of your ECU with the proper file should be all you need since the last one did not go through successfully. How did you go about your bench flash process?

Regards