Support Forum

Downshift autoblip trouble

tomfranks@pm.metomfranks@pm.me Posts: 5Verified User

Need help figuring out why after flashing my 2019 R1 with the unrestricted map + activetune also installed, my previously working stock blipper is no longer working. QS works fine going up the gears but down shifting seems to only work at very high revs before braking which doesn't feel right and I cannot blip down at all at lower rpms 2k-6k like I could reliably before. Very occasionally I can downshift at these rpms. What am I missing?

Tagged:

Comments

• octavio@ftecu.comoctavio@ftecu.com Posts: 191Staff User

Hi,

What file are you using? Disable Active Tune and flash your ECU, does the Auto Blipper work as before? Are you using bone stock Auto Blip/QS setup?

Regards

• tomfranks@pm.metomfranks@pm.me Posts: 5Verified User
    edited June 2022

Yes, bone stock auto blipper/QS from factory, no mods.

Update: I opened file manager and selected "2018 R1 - BX4-8591A-30(EU) Unrestricted". I then imported my fuel table (PCV for my exhaust setup). The only other change was to enable Immobiliser. I flashed the ECU with this and my auto blipper is working again perfectly.

Does this help diagnose the issue? ActiveTune is now currently disabled and of course, I'd like that back. Previously I had the above setup plus running ActiveTune and applied the learnings to base a few times followed by enabling live correction.

Where should I go from here?

Hi,

Yes it does, one more thing. Can you enable Active Tune in that new file and reflash. I want to know if it may have been an issue with the previous file or if the Active Tune being enabled causes the Auto Blipper function to not work.

Regards

• tomfranks@pm.metomfranks@pm.me Posts: 5Verified User

Thanks. I've taken that file and enabled ActiveTune with live tuning enabled and flashed that to the ECU and can confirm my auto blipper is still working. I will disable live tuning and do a run or two to apply learnings to base and see how that goes.

Hi,

That is interesting. Must have been a little bug or glitch in the last file. I am glad everything is functioning normally for you now.

Regards