Support Forum

telling me wrong email for licence on ecu

Builderblades@gmail.comBuilderblades@gmail.com Posts: 10Verified User

I have successfully flashed the US stock tune onto my ECU, after making some adjustments i would like to flash in my new tune but the program doesnt seem to want to link with my email now. When i open the ftecu software none of my files come up so I open them through the file manager, with the file open in the software, I go to select device and it says that device is registered to my email and wont let me write. I try to login and it asks me to do it again. I have tried going at it a few times but seem to be getting the same results, any help would be appreciated, thanks Ryan

Comments

• octavio@ftecu.comoctavio@ftecu.com Posts: 191Staff User

Hi,

Seems like you have created two e-mail log-ins. One of them has a space in front of the email and the other does not.

Send me a screenshot of the box when you click device manager.

Regards

• Builderblades@gmail.comBuilderblades@gmail.com Posts: 10Verified User

I hope this is what you meant or did you need it with my ecu plugged in?

Sorry my software wasnt plugged in for the first one

I guess its hardware but anyways I hope that helps

Hi,

For some reason your USB is linked to your e-mail with both the space and no space. Are you able to log-in with both and which one works for you?

Regards

I am only able to login with the email with no space, when I attempt to login with the space it prompts invalid email.

Ok, I will see if i can get development to fix this for you as well. It may take a bit of time as they will be out for a while. Also can you send me a screen shot of the License page on the website with you signed into your regular e-mail with no space.

Regards

Thank you, I appreciate your time

I am assuming if you sign in on the website with the same e-mail with the space in front it will show the license?

Once development gets back i will have them look into this as well.

Regards

Yes that is correct, the website shows my license when logged in with the email with the space in front. If I try to use the email with a space in front to login using Tuning Suite though, it says "invalid email". If its possible I would like the license to be assigned to the regular email with no space please, if this isn't possible I will be happy with any sort of work around. Thanks

Hi,

As I suspected. Not sure if you could transfer your license to your account without the space and see if that works as on my end the USB recognizes both as the same. I believe it would still be an issue when attempting to flash though. I will have to get development on this.

Regards

When I tried transferring my license to the email with no space it says "Error: Destination account does not have any registered hardware". I have tried to update my email while logged into tuning suite as well but It keeps taking me in circles, are you able to help me register my hardware to the proper email please?

Unfortunately that would be something development would have to take care of. I will let them know on Monday and hopefully this will all be resolved for you and the others.

Regards

Sounds good, thanks.

Did development get a chance to look into this?