Support Forum

Reset image for MT09? Power loss..

vinayak.bhanoo@gmail.comvinayak.bhanoo@gmail.com Posts: 2Verified User
edited August 2022 in FZ / MT 09

Hello, I have been trying to diagnose a power issue in my MT09 for months and couldn't find any resolve.

My last attempt is to reset the MT09 image hoping I did something wrong and it might be stored in memory. If you have any reset image for 1RC-8591A-01, it would be helpful.

Sorry to post here but I never hear back on emails. Hoping I get a response here.

In case you have any insights on possible issue also, here is the problem:

Just to mess around, I was trying different throttle that I would tweak myself. To test, I set the mapping in B mode in such a way that even with 100% throttle, the revs won't go beyond 4k RPM. Although that was a success, ever since that day I noticed that no matter what I did in which mode, the front wheel just won't come up even in 1st gear full throttle. I went back to the untouched unrestricted image. Still same issue, I went back to stock image, still same issue.

I reserviced the whole bike, even changed the clutch hoping it will be a non ecu issue, but nothing.

The biggest irritant is that there is no other symptom; warm, hot start, cold start, idling, cruising; everything is perfect. The throttle is a little too smooth infact, in first gear low RPM cruising normally it would be a little bumpy even if I tried to hold steady throttle, now no such thing.

At this point, I'm just hoping for reset image and praying it'll fix it.