Support Forum

2018 R1

haowiekaboom@yahoo.comhaowiekaboom@yahoo.com Posts: 5Verified User

Hello,

Im finally switching to a 3/4 decat exhaust system and I've already flashed it with the unrestricted file. My question is regarding the O2 sensors. Do they need to be removed? Does the FTECU software actually disable the sensor or only disable the error codes for a lack of O2 sensor? If it does not disable the O2 sensor, how will the ecu respond?

Comments

• mike@ftecu.commike@ftecu.com Posts: 178Staff User

The sensors are disabled and can be removed. The ECU may need some fuel adjustment to account for the exhaust change.

• haowiekaboom@yahoo.comhaowiekaboom@yahoo.com Posts: 5Verified User

Which table would I need to adjust the fueling? I bookmarked a post a while back where there's a similar question and jason@ftecu responded below. I still need to update the fueling somewhere?

"I suggest using the Unrestricted file for your application. That map is pretty much exactly what you think it is. We take the stock base map and remove all speed/gear/emission based restricitons then optimize it for performance generally with a full exhaust system. The 3/4 system you have really won't be much different than a full system so that map should work just fine for you.

Thanks,

Jason A."