Support Forum

Flashing ECU and then using the Auto tune kit

likatyga44@yahoo.com.aulikatyga44@yahoo.com.au Posts: 1Verified User

Hi All,

I recently bought the ECU flash kit and Auto tune kit package for my MT07 2015. akrapovic exhaust with baffle in and DNA HP filter installed.

I have downloaded from power commander the file (akrapovic exhaust, DNA HP filter and airbox file). Looks like this is the closest I have but unsure about the difference between the Air filter box in or out when tuning?

3 x other questions:

1. Whats the best mapping re: unrestricted or normal used for the power command file included and auto tune?
  2. Do I have to Flash the ECU first with the power command file installed (With the auto tune off)
  3. Do I then have to reflash the ECU with the auto tune option on?

Thanks you for your assistance in advance.

Cheers

Andrew

Comments

• octavio@ftecu.comoctavio@ftecu.com Posts: 191Staff User

Hi,

I believe the PC map is mainly just a fueling map. Either stock or unrestricted would be fine. You would have to adjust your settings either way, so unrestricted may be more convenient for you in that aspect. Double check the settings and adjust to your liking.

You should be able to flash it and activate Active Tune as well. The main purpose of Active Tune is to essentially tune the bike as you run it, so the PC fueling would be a good start but not really necessary. The fuel maps would still be getting adjusted by the Active Tune system.

Regards