Support Forum

map for turbo charge! for yxz1000r non spotshift ?

Comments

• pamotoracing.com@gmail.compamotoracing.com@gmail.com Posts: 33Verified User

hi ween i put in all fuel map 25% +more,,, it work perfectly always nice responde but steel i don´t now what shod be my AFR target so i don't overheat my engine and turbo can u tell me what to work with?

i'm just trying to get the best tune without damage and play safe !

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

I recommend asking whomever you bought the kit from what they recommend for your target AFR.

Thanks,

Jason A.

🙄

i will do that now its broken!!!!!

edited October 2019

Hi,

Turboing and tuning a car not originally equipped with a turbo isn't necessarily a walk in the park and we did warn you about engine damage. Please get back to me when you have questions regarding our product I can help with.

Thanks.

Jason A.

it's not your fault and its not mine the valve gasket blow up and the oil got all out until it stops... this engine was set here in YAmaha importer !!!! i did 100 km on it only problem is not knowing same isus and information to do a good job!

and i no its not a walk in the park i'm a mechanic over 30 years that's why i did so many questions and same did´t have answers!!!

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your motor troubles. Please get back to me when you have questions regarding our product I can help with.

Thanks,

Jason A.

the engine lights cams on at 8000 rpm and stays on until red line

hend running below the 8000 it goes off ...

the problem refer to sensor map reading the new 3 bar sensor it cams with gytr turbo kit!!!! ...

is it possible to eliminate definatli this error from ecu ?

thanks.

Hi,

If you are getting a CEL under boost please go to your Manifold DTC window and set both high values to 5.00

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi,

I have another turbo file I'd like you to try. I will email it to you.

Thanks,

Jason A.

I RECIVIT

i will try that and let u now my point thanks

Hi,

Please let me know your results.

Thanks,

Jason A.

hi

i note that the new map is very different on ignition timing ....not on fuel ,...and that was the main problem on the engine because of detonation on the 3 piston😥 ....i will build the engine and try to use the new map🤔🧐

can u tell me the part number for the cable to read errors on the ecu?

Hi,

You should be able to put your YXZ into diag mode to read codes by holding down select and reset at the same time, then turn the key on, keep holding down select and reset for another 5 seconds or so, then you will see error codes on the dash display.

Thanks,

Jason A.

thanks...

• fcro@icloud.comfcro@icloud.com Posts: 1Verified User

Hello!

Im new to the forum!

I race a Yxz with non turbo. Im planing on turbo my car. Can I use the sidewinder maps and a 3 bar map sensor on the car?

I will make my own turbo kit.

thanks

Is this normal?

• hayes_matt@comcast.nethayes_matt@comcast.net Posts: 8Verified User

Can you tell me how much boost and what size injectors this turbo file is mapped for?

In the accel enrichment map, what do the 0-106 numbers down the left side represent?

Same question about the ignition map 0-100. Are these TP?

Hi,

Who sold you a turbo file and which one do you have?

Yes those values are TPS.

Thanks,

Jason A.

I haven't bought a turbo file yet. I saw in a previous post that you guys have a turbo file for sale for $100. I was asking how much boost is this turbo file setup for, and what size injectors, and what fuel?

Hi,

Please email me if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• what i can say is this map or the ecu is limited to my YXZ i have to put a PCV to increase the injector full this is why i add problems in the past .... i have try in all ways and nating works, exept with the PCV on

• i have try to increase table values and it doesn't change the AFR reading? can same one tell me what is the problem it looks its block from factory and accepts the trim values but don't change them! in i missing something?

• i have done this and it looks its ok now

• past 2 days hi have try so many sings in this unit ... and i alternate the injector latency and now i have more fuel going in! ... this takes a lot off time to get nooing what to do and to go from i don't get to work on the ECU on real time riding / programing on the side cable, the car wont start with the cable diagnost on !!! is this normal in this model?

on the pic what this does exactly?

Hi,

If you see your Boost Fuel Comp table as only 100's please set Enable Boost Mapping to False then set back to True and reopen the Boost Fuel Comp table. This table adds fuel for boost based upon the voltage seen from your MAP sensor. The more boost the higher voltage your MAP sensor will read which in turn means the more fuel necessary. You can add fuel here based off of percentages. For example a value of 100 will mean it allows 100% of fuel so it only relies on your old fuel maps. Anything over 100 is adding additional fuel.

Please keep in mind as we've told you these turbo files are extremely complex and not given out to any normal user anymore. With this being the case we don't offer much support as we funnel the turbo business through our three main dealers in that realm: Alba Racing, Dasa Racing, and Beyond Redline Performance.

That is normal for the car not to start with the 4-pin datalink plugged into the bike side harness there is no real time/live tuning for that model.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• kwalterb@yahoo.comkwalterb@yahoo.com Posts: 4Verified User

Hi, I bought the turbo tune before it was taken off the shelf. I have a question about the Sensor Scaling. I am using a Bosch 3 Bar TMAP sensor and I was wondering if my tune could benefit from properly scaling it to the ECU but I cannot understand what scale the Turbo file was originally written with. I assumed it was a GYTR 3 Bar scaled to look like a 1 Bar for all non boost activity but the math is way off. Is the sensor voltage that different? My Bosch reads 4.75V at 3.07 Bar. My car runs good low and slow but has a lot of variation in AFRs when under heavy throttle. I would like to clean it up but I feel my sensor isn't quite dialed in.