Support Forum

Yam 13s r6

ndm295@gmail.comndm295@gmail.com Posts: 35Verified User

Hi Guys hope all is well. I have flashed a eu r6 ecu with a usa map and removed the immob, perfect. mapped lovely.

I have managed to end up with a very unpreditable idle. Starts high and works its way down regardless of the operating temp. fine while riding just a concern really. any advice would be greatly accepted.

Regards

Steve

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

You made no other changes other than the US file flash with the immobilizer disabled?

• ndm295@gmail.comndm295@gmail.com Posts: 35Verified User

Sorry, I did. He is running an open pipe, so I imported his pc3 map. The issue was there but I didn't think much of it. I know have a full Akropovic system on her and the problem is still there. Do you think the pc3 map could be responsible.

In the map details under idle control, the us model has three sub folders the eu has two, or visa versa. I tried to copy and paste the eu settings into the us map but the numbers don't match. Maybe Celsius v Fahrenheit..

Regards Steve

All the changes you made (especially the EU settings in the US file) surely are the reason for the issue. I would suggest flashing an unmodified unrestricted US map and then start from there.

Thank you for the reply. I have flashed a stock generic map and the problem is fixed. I have then modified the pc3 map so as not to alter anything under 6k rpm, problem re appears. I have loaded a stock generic again and problem solved. I have tried to alter the fuel v tps maps above 6k only (throught the individual maps not the pc3 import) and the problem reappears..?

Will mapping via the map v fuel change upto 10% fuel, also would you recommend this ?

Regards

Steve

How much were you altering the TPS vs RPM maps? Are you doing it via percentage or just numerical?

It's quite possible that your changes above 6000 rpm are much too high, and you're getting residual fuel deposits that are causing the temporary high idle.

We don't recommend making changes to the MAP vs RPM tables, as there are a lot of variables that come into play.

Can you send us your file to sales@ftecu.com please.

Files emailed last night, have a look and tell me what you think.

Regards Steve

We received them, thanks, it'll be a couple of days before we can look at them.

No worries, just checking.

Regards Steve

Just reading through your replies again Kent, changing only tps fuel numerical, maybe 5 to 10 units.

Regards Steve

edited August 2019

In looking at your file, your warmup/base idle map has numbers that don't make any sense. They are completely off the charts numerically. The numbers should represent ignition advance in relation to engine coolant temp, and while 13 is the base number when fully up to operating temp, some of yours are in triple digits. Not sure what to suggest other than seeing if transplanting the numbers from the stock file into your file to see if that helps. This is the problem with using the PC import system, in that any issues from the PC files transplant themselves into the FTECU file and cause more issues.

Thank you kindly sir, I will try this today.

Regards Steve