Support Forum

17-19 R6 New type Auto-Blip sensor Do not work

But it did not work properly. 17-19 R6 Auto-Blipper QS / Clutchless Downshifting Kit Push and pull worked on separate old sensors I can connect without any problems. The sensor was checked by a tester. The new model is always energized. There is a difference as above. I guess that it does not work by the difference in electricity supply method. Do not know the solution? We are considering a purchasing a Translogic product, I give up the auto blipper of FTECU .

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Please check your email.

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Please refer to this video for checking the sensor function for Auto-Blipper/Quickshift sensors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgrdBm-EjCo

• jeff.dt@free.frjeff.dt@free.fr Posts: 5FTECU Dealer

Hi

Check the sensor.

If the sensor has 3 wires (2 of 4 are the same color), this sensor doesn't work.

If the sensor has 4 wires (every different color), this sensor work.

We had this problem and found the solution. in fact the 3 wires sensor linked internal and the 4 wires are 2 dependant circuit for shifting pull and push.

If you want you can use new sensor of Dynojet with 4 colors wire and it works very well.

We informed Kirk few weeks ago about this problem

regard

• chrisgardellchrisgardell Posts: 48Staff User
    edited July 2019

This can happen if the pin positions of the harness are not correct.

We caught a few harnesses that were made incorrectly and I was told the entire batch had been recalled but with recent staffing issues it's possible that didnt happen.

this does not require using a different sensor... just make sure the green wire aligns with black on both the sensor leads.