Support Forum

07 Yamaha R1 idle issue after FTECU flash

Hotboy_pro@yahoo.comHotboy_pro@yahoo.com Posts: 2Verified User

Hello,

I bought this FTECU flash kit with the hopes of getting some support. The product is great but I emailed for some support and no one is responding to this particular issue. I just need clarification so I figured I’d post here for a faster response.

My R1 got a cat-del y-pipe, slip-on dual exhaust, O2 sensor removed, exup system removed and exup valve removed from the oem header. All the appropriate settings is set and the flash is good (file: unrestricted-21). I figured with the header free flowing, the bike would require some fuel adjustment. The bike start up fine and idles good when cold. When it’s warmed up the idle becomes erratic (bouncy) between 900-1200 rpm.

I reached out to a tuner and was recommended to add more fuel as the bike is a little lean at idle. My question is which map or maps do I need to look at to smooth out the idle? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

I did reply to your email twice, maybe you never got my messages or they went your spam folder. Here is my reply to your emails:

1: Where is the bike running lean? At idle, full throttle, partial throttle?

2: Raise the numbers in the ECT vs RPM Idle Speed table. You can try adding some fuel in the MAP vs RPM tables as well if the ECT vs RPM changes don't get you your desired outcome.

3: I would suggest adding a PC fuel map if you haven't yet, just to see if it helps. If it doesn't help then revert back to tuning manually.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• Hotboy_pro@yahoo.comHotboy_pro@yahoo.com Posts: 2Verified User

I didn’t check my spam mail box but I really appreciate the fast response. It’s running lean at idle. I’ll try your recommendations when I get home. Thx!

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Ok if it's lean at idle I would definitely add some fuel across the board in our MAP vs TPS table. Make sure to link all cylinders together when doing so. You can raise your numbers in the ECT vs RPM table still as well.

Thanks,

Jason A.