Support Forum

Problem quickshifter mt07

martin@bimet.netmartin@bimet.net Posts: 47Verified User

Hello. I have quickshifter installed on my mt07 with the default sotck values. Activation delay 05ms Next shift delay 0500 ms Sensor type NO The problem is When the gear change is activated, the engine shuts down for approximatelly 2 seconds haw can i solve that? Thank you

Comments

• martin@bimet.netmartin@bimet.net Posts: 47Verified User
    Now modify unrestricted ecu 
     Now modify unrestricted ecu. When the gear change is activated, the engine shuts down for approximatelly 0.5 seconds The problem diminished, but still slow.
  • kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

What is the file number you are flashing?

Hi Kento. My ecu is B348591A-00 (I attach a photo)

I use 2018 MT07 B34-8591A-00 (PHL) Unrestricted, shuts down for approximatelly 0.5 seconds and 2018 MT07 B34-8591A-00 (PHL 2 seconds

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Have you tried adjusting the quickshifter kill times in either file to see if you can get it operating better?

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi Jason. I tried with Activation delay 05ms and Activation delay 25ms. I don't notice difference. Do not make change in Next shift delay. It's in 0500ms. Thanks

Hi,

Make adjustments to your QS Timing table as shown below:

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi Kent Could you please send file reset for my MT07 2018 ECU B34-8591A-00 I'm sorry Kent. I can't make the Quick shifter work. Now I have 2 problems. Thanks

We do not have a reset file for that ECU part number.

😂 Do I have a way to restore everything to stock?

Hi Kent. I restored files to stock. The bike works perfect but I still have the problem of the quick shift lever. When the gear change is activated, the engine shuts down for approximatelly 2 seconds The table settings are identical. It cannot be used in these conditions. haw can i solve that? Thanks

Did you try the latest suggestions from Jason?

Hi Kento. Yes, my Quickshifter timing map, it's identical to what happened to me Jason Do not change anything in Quickshifter timing map. I attach photo of my computer

What Jason meant was to make adjustments to your QS timing table using the map in the photo...not use the map shown in the photo, because those settings are stock settings. Try reducing the timing in the particular areas where it needs it.

Hi Kento.

Thanks for the reply.

What fit do I need to do on the map?

The engine shuts down for approximately 1 to 2 seconds at all rpm, (within the minimum rpm selection), and in all gears.

I don't know what to modify on the map to shorten the delay.

Thanks Kento.

If you absolutely sure that the kill time of 1-2 seconds is at all rpm and in all gears, try reducing the values in each cell by 5, flash that into your ECU, and see how it feels.

Hello kento

Yes, the time to kill is at all rpm

I think the installation of the ftecu flash and the quick change are correct.

The file matches the year of my motorcycle and the number of ecu.

The flashing ecu is well written

When the gear lever is pushed, the circuit closes to 0.

When I push the shift lever, it goes to the next gear but there is a very long death time.

There is nothing in the configuration that you can change so that the deletion time is 1 second or more.

Change the Quickshifter minimum rpm and it works, but the death time continues

Change the delay of activation of the rapid change, 05 ms, 10 ms, 15 ms, 20 ms and 25 ms, but death time continues.

I try to change the next shift delay, but it doesn't work. Only 0500ms can be selected. When you select another option, the box turns white.

I modify the time maps, but death time continues

Uninstall and install everything again, Stock and without restrictions, but follow the removal time.

I don't see anything I can do to solve the problem.

At this moment I am deactivating the fast change.

I can not leave it activated, since when changing gears in a traditional way (pressing the clutch and cutting the throttle) I find the engine off. Besides driving ugly it is dangerous.

Sorry for the description, and I appreciate the understanding, since I use online translator.

I wish I could solve the problem so that the quichshifter does not become a paperweight.

Best regards.

Martin.

Hello kento

Yes, the time to kill is at all rpm

I think the installation of the ftecu flash and the quick change are correct.

The file matches the year of my motorcycle and the number of ecu.

The flashing ecu is well written

When the gear lever is pushed, the circuit closes to 0.

When I push the shift lever, it goes to the next gear but there is a very long death time.

There is nothing in the configuration that you can change so that the deletion time is 1 second or more.

Change the Quickshifter minimum rpm and it works, but the death time continues

Change the delay of activation of the rapid change, 05 ms, 10 ms, 15 ms, 20 ms and 25 ms, but death time continues.

I try to change the next shift delay, but it doesn't work. Only 0500ms can be selected. When you select another option, the box turns white.

I modify the time maps, but death time continues

Uninstall and install everything again, Stock and without restrictions, but follow the removal time.

I don't see anything I can do to solve the problem.

At this moment I am deactivating the fast change.

I can not leave it activated, since when changing gears in a traditional way (pressing the clutch and cutting the throttle) I find the engine off. Besides driving ugly it is dangerous.

Sorry for the description, and I appreciate the understanding, since I use online translator.

I wish I could solve the problem so that the quichshifter does not become a paperweight.

Best regards.

Martin.

Hi Kento - Jason. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I couldn't solve my problem. Best regards.

Dear Kento - Jason. I am writing to you to tell you that I did the product installation again. Check all connectors and fail to find the fault. I suppose and distrust that it is a software incompatibility problem. I would like to consult you without making an attempt by changing the installation program. I downloaded the 2018 MT07 file B34-8591A-00 (PHL) from the file manager. This file corresponds to a version of Philipinas. My motorcycle is from Japan. The file that corresponds to my motorcycle is not in their listings. I ask you to tell me which file to download or if you can send me the indicated one. If this file does not exist, I would like to send you the product and have the money returned. Keep in mind that my motorcycle is of Japanese origin. with the number of ecu B34 - 8591A - 00 (JAP) 2018. In any case I cannot solve it without your collaboration. I have attached my ECU's tag photo to verify the corresponding file. Sincerely,

Martin Friera

Hi Martin,

Are you able to make a video so I can see and hear the shift delay you are talking about experiencing?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• willrc@free.frwillrc@free.fr Posts: 15Verified User

Hello, I have exactly the same problem today, ecu B34-8591A10 the engine turns off completely, when changing gear, no error code

Did the Quickshifter work properly before? If so, did you change anything prior to this issue occurring?

Hi willrc It's solved. I chose a different file from my ecu. My ecu is of Japanese origin. I chose a file that matches the year and place of manufacturing. The numbers and letters of the chosen file are not the same as those of my ecu. The help of ftecu was not good since they made me control circuits that were good since it worked, but it turned off the engine for a long time. The problem is software.

Kento, I just mounted the shifter, with the FT beam, it was not activated before. I tried to decrease the cut-off times which does not change anything.

Will,

What is your ECU part number? What file have you used?

Thanks,

Jason A.

jason, the ecu is B34-8591A10 I cannot send you the file as an attachment, but I am using the file 2017 MT-07 - B34-8591A-10 (EU) Unrestricted

Will,

I'm sorry I forgot to ask, what year and region is your bike from too?

Thanks,

Jason A.

2017, France

Will,

Please try 3 different files for me:

15-17 MT07 - B34-8591A-00(EU)

2018 MT07 - B34-8591A-00(PHL)

2018 MT07 - BU2-8591A-10(JAP)

Please enable the quickshifter in those files and try flashing them in. Let me know which one if any of them work.

Thanks,

Jason A.