Support Forum

XSR700 2020

ndwolfy@gmail.comndwolfy@gmail.com Posts: 11Verified User

So I jjust got the data link cable kit for my XSR700 but looking through the files for it the files only say they go up to 2019. Will these work on the 2020 model?

Comments

• ndwolfy@gmail.comndwolfy@gmail.com Posts: 11Verified User

I looked up the part numbers between the 2018 , 2019, and 2020 models of XSR700 and theyre all the same so I went and tried to start flashing the ECU with the unrestricted 2018 Flash but whilst registering the ECU to my account it says that the flash failed and to retry

Okay found the issue with the faild flash and to retry. The wires were put in the wrong slots as I went off the image not the worded instructions. I have now fixed this and attempted to fash the ECU. Everything was going accordingly however stopped after reaching above 90% done saying the flash had failed again and to retry. I went to retry but it is now saying no registered ECU found. What am I supposed to do?

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Looks like you had a connection dropout during the flashing process. I had to reset your license so please try flashing it again.

Thanks,

Jason A.

All is working now thank you for the help and fast response. Although my research says that the ECU part numbers are the same for the 2020 XSR vs the older XSR's could you still please confirm that it is still suited for it? I should also mention however this is the restricted and slightly lower displacement version of the XSR700 thats in Australia vs the full displacement one from the US

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

What is the part number of your ECU?

My ECU part number is 1XB-8591A-70, which is actually news to me as before hand I was simply reading the part number for it off the schematics that I got for the bike rather then going through the effort of taking it off the bike. Good thing I did the effort

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User
    edited February 2021

That ECU part number matches a Euro ECU from the 2015-17 models, so you should be fine using that file. However, it should be noted that apparently there are several mechanical modifications for the restricted version that need to be replaced as well. These include the intake pipes as well as the airbox lid and snorkel, plus a restrictor on the throttle "pull" wire that prevents the throttle from being opened 100%.

Yeah im in the process of derestricting it and allowing for it. Thank you for the help. Although I must say im suprised my 2020 XSR uses the same ECU of the MT-07 from 3 years ago... would of though something would have changed seeing as they revised the designs of the MT-07 around when the XSR came into production

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Just because the design changes doesn't always mean the ECU changes!😀

Thanks,

Jason A.