Support Forum

2019 CBR1000RR SP1 File Availability

jerrodrickard@gmail.comjerrodrickard@gmail.com Posts: 10Verified User

Does anyone have a 2019 SP1 ECU image? The FT file under the 2017-2019 folder rendered my wheelie control obsolete and now the display just flashes. 😣

Also, my license seems to be locked up now so how do I reset it to be able to re-write?

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 693Staff User

Hi,

Did you readout your ECU before flashing for the first time? Your ECU might be a different part number than what we have listed.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• jerrodrickard@gmail.comjerrodrickard@gmail.com Posts: 10Verified User

Jason,

I tried to read it several time, but I kept getting an error. I clearly made an error in concluding that a file in the 2017-2019 folder would apply to my 2019, so now it appears I'm in a bit of a predicament.

Regards,

Jerrod

Hi,

Your part number is the important part. Are you bench flashing or bike side flashing?

Thanks,

Jason A.

I am bench flashing. P/N is 38770-MKF-LK2.

Hi,

So we do not currently have that part number file. What file did you flash it with?

Thanks,

Jason A.

Jason,

I flashed it with "2017 CBR1000 SP1 - 38770-MKFA-L13 - MKFA20A(US) - Unrestricted", but I suspected it would have broader based application since it was the only US SP1 file in the 2017-2019 folder.

Regards,

Jerrod

Hi,

If you look a few posts down from the top you'll see: https://forum.ftecu.com/discussion/165/extremely-important-please-double-check-that-you-are-attempting-to-flash-the-correct-file

That post talks about how important it is to be sure you flash your ECU with a matching part number file unless otherwise authorized by myself here. Keihin (Honda) ECU's are especially tricky and more likely to brick, break, or be permanently damaged compared to a normal Denso or Mitsubishi ECU (Yamaha/Suzuki/Kawasaki)

Once we get a readout of a stock ECU with your specific part number we can try and start the defining process. I would assume once we have the correct file for you all will be good again, but I can't guarantee you that since this is a Keihin ECU.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Jason,

I appreciate anything you can do to assist with the correct file.

Thank you,

Jerrod

Hi,

I will contact some people and see if I can find that part number ECU anywhere and we can try to get a readout of it. This will take some time I imagine. I'll do my best to keep you updated with what I can find, if you don't hear anything for a few weeks please check back in with me.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Jason,

Understood! Thank you!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Jerrod

Good morning, and Happy New Year, Jason! Just checking in to see if there is any progress on a 2019 SP1 map?

Note: I've also discovered that the applied mapping has completely negated my traction control.

Regards,

Jerrod

Jerrod,

Happy New Years!

I'm told this file will be sent to us next week actually from a dealer of ours. Once that is done it could take around another week for completion of a file depending on how much is stacked on our plate. I'll keep you in the loop.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Jason,

Sounds good! I appreciate your help toward a resolution.

Thank you,

Jerrod

Hey, Jason!

Any luck getting the file from your dealer?

Thanks,

Jerrod

Jerrod,

I'm still in communication with them but nothing yet. Once I have the file in hand I will let you know. I'm told this week now, we shall see...

Thanks,

Jason A.

Jason,

Any word?

Thanks,

Jerrod

Jerrod,

Sorry for the delay in response here. I can confirm I received a file from them Friday evening. I should have a chance to look into it late this week. I'll keep you updated once I have more information for you.

Thanks,

Jason A.