Support Forum

QS Failure/TC Fault

hberessi@comcast.nethberessi@comcast.net Posts: 7Verified User

I have been battling issues with my QS failing on and off for the past couple of years. I have a 2017 R6 with full FTECU race electronics package. While on track, I will have both my TCS and Engine lights come on and lose QS completely. Auto Blip still works. If I cycle the master switch, it will reset until the problem comes up again. Over the years we have replaced wheel sensors, ABS Delete, changed ecu parameters, re-flash, wiring harness, etc. It seemed to be resolved completely earlier this year until this past weekend. Lights would come on consistently after half a lap. After a little experimenting, I realized that the lights would come on and QS fail after exiting corners where I am accelerating hard and challenging the traction control. If I take it easier, there is no problem. Clearly the traction control is causing a fault of some sort.

We will replace the wheel sensors again, but I also want to rule out a software issue. The bike was dyno tuned and re-mapped at EDR prior to this past weekend, so it's possible some parameter was reset causing the TC to act up again. Any ideas what could cause this problem?

Thanks.

Haim

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Haim,

The TC kicking in should not cause that at all. I know I never have that issue on my bike and you can look at the data and see everything such as TC engaging. Do you have data on this bike? If so can you send me a file on track when this happens?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• hberessi@comcast.nethberessi@comcast.net Posts: 7Verified User
    edited September 2020

Hi Jason,

I hope you are well recovered from the Ridge.

This QS/TC issue has been a battle for a long time. We ultimately switched to a YEC harness over the winter, and that seemed to do the trick for some reason (although I know that Eric Dorn had been talking to you guys a lot about it, so there may have been some ECU fix in there that I am not aware of). As I mentioned, it seemed to be good until Eric re-tuned and re-flashed my ECU last week. My thought is that maybe some ECU parameter that he worked out with you didn't get applied during the re-flash. It is possible that it is as simple as a bad wheel sensor this time, but I won't have the opportunity to test that on the bike for a couple of weeks. I don't want to waste two days of testing without any alternate ideas, so I'm looking for other possibilities in case that doesn't fix the problem. As it stands now, my observation is that the TC triggers a fault and shuts off (TCS and Engine light stays on) when I drive hard out of a corner while on the edge of the tire (hard acceleration straight up and down or at lesser lean angles does not cause the TC fault, and easier acceleration at higher lean angles does not cause the TC fault). When the TC faults, my QS quits working. The TC resets when I cycle the main switch. Unfortunately, my Solo2 DL is not reading data from my ECU for some reason (you sent me the 2018 FTECU R6 CAN protocol, and it seemed to work, but now I just get straight lines), so that is something else I will need to resolve at some point.

Thanks.

Haim

• hberessi@comcast.nethberessi@comcast.net Posts: 7Verified User

FYI - Concurrently with the issues I described, we discovered that my stator was starting to go bad (low output) and eventually failed. After replacing the stator and voltage regulator, everything worked properly again.