Support Forum

My kit came with no instructions or activation code?

jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User
edited May 2020 in Software

Hi,

If you purchased an ECU flashing kit it does not need an activation code. Only items like Autoblip kits, Activetune kits, and race team packages require activation codes.

If you purchased a Bench style ECU flashing kit ($450) then you don't need instructions either. This is because the ECU plugs directly into the harness, no wire insertion is required.

If you purchased the Bike Side style ECU Flashing kit ($380) then you do need instructions on pinning in the harness. You will need to register your USB cable first, please follow this link to do so: https://forum.ftecu.com/discussion/587/how-to-register-your-datalink-usb-cable#latest

After registration of your USB is completed you will go to our website www.ftecu.com and login to your customer account. Select Documents. Scroll down to the listing for your bike and select Request Document. It will ask you to override the message always just select Yes. If the download doesn't start click the button to get your document.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Comments

• liburst76liburst76 Posts: 7Verified User
    Hello. I purchased the 2022 Yamaha R7 Datalink ECU Flushing Kit. Should I refer to Type 9 15-20 Yamaha FZ / MT07 for connection with the ECU? Thank you. 

• octavio@ftecu.comoctavio@ftecu.com Posts: 191Staff User

Hi,

Yes, refer to the 15-20 FZ/MT07 install instructions as the bikes are most similar. The ECU pinning is the same as well.

Regards