How to disable the set valve on 2005-2006 GSXR1000
- Once you remove your EXCVA you will need to pull a wire to disable the Suzuki SET (Suzuki Exhaust Tuning) system. Without properly disabling the SET system the engine will run in a power limited fail safe mode.
- Remove the seat and the metal brace located over the ECU.
- With the ignition in OFF position, Disconnect the grey wire harness connector from the ECU.
- Remove the orange cap on the grey connector by pressing the small orange tabs apart and pulling the orange cap off.
- When you hold the grey connector facing you with the locking tab facing up, the black wire with brown stripe is in the top row 8th slot from the left. Use a small paper clip, small solid wire or sewing needle to unlock the pin and pull out the black wire with brown stripe.
- Tape and secure the disconnected wire.
- Reinstall orange cap onto grey connector and reconnect to the ecu.