Support Forum

pls help!! update email under USER in software suite ?

blrossato@hotmail.comblrossato@hotmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

Hey I'm wondering what the "update email" feature exactly does under the 'User" tab at the top of the software suite? I use an old email address to sign in to FT , which my harness is married to. I have no issues logging in to software , but I have bought a new 23 model bike and about to purchase another license for that ECU .

potential problem, I am not able to sign into my email over at hotmail. I plan on purchasing a 3rd party tune, will that be emailed to me? I never bought a tune before .

thanks !!

Comments

• todd@ftecu.comtodd@ftecu.com Posts: 102Staff User

The update email feature you are talking about is how you change from one account to another, example... you have a business account that you purchase hardware and licenses for, but you also have a personal account, you would use this feature to log out of your business email and sign in again under your personal email. NOTE: usb cables can only be tied to 1 email, so if you log out of one account those cables will not be usable under another account.

The email you are logged into a the time you make a purchase is what those purchases will be tied to, and is the one we use to communicate to you if there is an issue with an order or something.

As for purchasing a tune, we don't sell tunes, you use the file manager within our software to access the available files that are available for your particular ECU.

• blrossato@hotmail.comblrossato@hotmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

Thank you for clarifying, Would those emails be delivered to hotmail or my inbox inside FT ?

As for 3rd party tunes, I thought a tune purchased from 2wdw site would be sent over email ? Or is it sent to you inside the software?

I have no issue signing into FT which my data cable is linked to. I want to purchase a license asap for my new bike, but having an issue getting into my hotmail account .

thank you!!

• todd@ftecu.comtodd@ftecu.com Posts: 102Staff User

We do not receive any files from 2wdw, that is between you and them. As for purchasing a license, you would use your hotmail for logging into our software, as that is the one you used when you created the software account, and the one your cable is tied to.

• blrossato@hotmail.comblrossato@hotmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

Perfect , thanks!!