Support Forum

error: not able to initialize the 2017 ECU GSXR1000

2»

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User
    edited September 2019

OK, I see that you edited your original posts.

You need to send us the other ECU so that we can take a look at it please.

• Fabienlambert@orange.frFabienlambert@orange.fr Posts: 44Verified User

yes sorry, i writed something then when i check i realize i did it wrong. at waht address can i ship you my ECU? is it safe as it is overseas ....?

1010 N. Batavia St. Suite J

Orange, CA 92967

Yes, safe to ship as long as you wrap it carefully and box it properly.

What do you mean "I realize I did it wrong"?

i first try to activate quickshift a pit limit on the new license from the newly read map with the new ECU and it got me an error message .... but when i flash the new ECU quickshift it works fine when i check.

• Trintaviousm@gmail.comTrintaviousm@gmail.com Posts: 4Verified User

My flash too has also failed! any help with this?

this is what it is saying

You need to make sure that your internet connection is good, with no low signal or dropouts due to excessive bandwidth usage. Because the internet connection dropped out during the flash, your license went into "hardfail" status, so it has been reset. You should be good to flash again.

hey back again so i flashed it again attempting to flash using another part number ecu as advise my a ftecu “guy i called in and talked to” and it worked after the fix you did but my fuel pump wouldn’t prime so i said screw it i’ll flash the old stuff back into it and leave it alone and it failed again saying the same thing! i’m right next to my router and didn’t have this issue before hand when i got the software thanks. i’m stuck in failed mode again

my whole deal is i’m trying to get the launch control items to work and he told me what ecu part numbers use and it flashed to the bike my fuel pump would prime though. so maybe you can help me also get the adjustment feature of the flash program to work for launch control

edited September 2019

Just because you're right next to your router doesn't mean that you've got a solid internet connection. If your ISP has you on a line that is being used a bunch of people, they could be sucking up bandwidth and causing your connection to drop.

Hi, well, it seems it is not working. the new ECU I Flash with a new license i got a check message the pump work no start of the engine. Fact is the new ECU is part number 17K02 and old ECUwas 17K00 so i try to write back to the map originaly saved during the first read and i got that message after cheking the EU:

So i can not re-flash the new ECU ?????? !!!!! Please need help

Have you tried again? The GSX-Rs are not that finicky about the file years. However, that said, the GSX-R1000 ECUs are also somewhat flaky, you often have to try a few times before the ECU will respond properly. Also try a different USB port.

it seems my bench harness got a defective + wire ..... the wire broke when i release the connector from the ECU ... i guess it was weak ....

hi, i fix the harness, it works in reading but still the same error message when it checks the ECU before flashing it. i am looking for a different computer, different USB ports and other USB Harness ..... still the same message above ..... do not know what to do ...

You still have a problem with your hardware. You are still not communicating with the ECU yet.

Go to Help>Test Interface>Inputs. Do not pay attention to the colored dots, pay attention to the number in parentheses. With power off and power on, please list what numbers appear. Inputs only, do not try any other test.

HI, with power supply on: (26) & (36) with power supply unplugged: (0)

I use GSXR Stock Battery

I try a second time and now i only have (36) with power on

Try to write the stock file matching the ECU part number back into the ECU.

My New ACU is a 32920 K 02 This is the same message and I get the same message Status: Error reading license and the same error message with any other map files (i try a 17KG2) and also with my old ECUand same error message

You still have a hardware problem that is preventing communication with the ECU and server. Please check all the wire connections carefully.

i change the USB harness to check, I got the same problem. only have to check with another ECU / bench harness. it's saying ecu license locked.

Our system is showing there is nothing wrong with your licenses. Can you send screenshot of the error message please?

hi again, so now that i have a lil more time after the race (3 monthes :)), i made some checking. so i test with my two USB Harness and also with my bench harness AND My Bike Harness: same result, with the two ECU I can read them, but everytime i try to write on it, i got "checking ECU" then message Error: ECU locked and those ECU don't work on the bike (got a check message on dashboard, the pump and bike try to start but it won't crack), and when i try a good ECU everything works fine. I'm ready to ship those ecu by UPS to you unless you got something new on my case ??? Fabian

Also, i know that Josh gave me two race Team package test and use for Bol d'or race, but why it say "unused"? what do i have to do?

UP?