Support Forum

2006 R6 Wont start after flash

nyw197@gmail.comnyw197@gmail.com Posts: 1Verified User

Hello

I wrote a flash on my ecu after i installed my ecu on the bike the bike would crank but wont start

my ECU is 2C0-8591A-30

and the files on File manager are only 2C0-8591A-20 US and 2C0-8591A-31 CAN

When i try the canadian version it will not write it into ecu

but it will work with the US version

please help!!

Comments

• G.JAGETIC@GMAIL.COMG.JAGETIC@GMAIL.COM Posts: 1Verified User

Got the same thing with my 2018 MT07, flashed the correct file and now im getting 3 error codes and bike wont start.

They told me to clear the codes using OBD2 but the reader wont even connect.

DId you get yours resolved ?

• todd@ftecu.comtodd@ftecu.com Posts: 102Staff User

To nyw197@gmail.com

This issue was resolved thru email but I will summarize here.

The ecu part number (the -30) has not been defined. Trying to write the -31 file you received an error so you then tried the -20 file. This did write, but because it is not correct to you ecu number the bike would not start. In the -20 file under ecu settings, there is US harness config true/false, changing that to false, your bike now starts but runs lean which you now need to adjust in the maps. Any error codes you may get could be caused from the difference of the -30 and -20.

Because you first wrote a file to your ecu that has not been defined we are unable to extract the stock image from your ecu.

• todd@ftecu.comtodd@ftecu.com Posts: 102Staff User

To G.jagetic@gmail.com

We too are working thru email and another you post you started so I will comment there.