Support Forum

flash tune

richardbe7011@gmail.comrichardbe7011@gmail.com Posts: 7Verified User

Hi, Just wondering if you can flash tune your own ECU number with a different ECU number from the file manager. My ECU number is 21175-1187 and the other ECU is 21175-1194.The ECU number is from the same make and model. The only reason I ask is for the 1194 ECU some ECU settings have been added to this number like Decel fuel cut and stock O2,USB/ECT error also it has PC fuel trim import. My ECU doesn't have this stuff in the ECU settings. I emailed Chris Gardell last week and he told me he spent some time on my model and added the Decel fuel cut, stock O2,ect.. when I went on my ECU number later that day my ECU number in the tuning suite still looked the same as before. Nothing had been changed except the 21175-1194 ECU had the things that Chris said he added was on that ECU number. If someone from Flash tune could add those features to my ECU all would be good. This is why I was asking this question. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• mike@ftecu.commike@ftecu.com Posts: 178Staff User

Hello Richard,

Both of those ecu's are in the same group so both maps will work.

Mike

• richardbe7011@gmail.comrichardbe7011@gmail.com Posts: 7Verified User

Thank you Mike.

• I also have a 1187 ECU. after reading this I decided to flash my bike with the unrestricted 1194 tune since i got a full exhaust system. I also disabled the decel fuel cut but now I have a engine light for a "EVAP system purge control valve "a" circuit". tried to clear multiple times and it comes back right away. is there something different between the two ecu numbers in the emission systems? or by me turning off decel fuel cut cause the emission code to show up? I know I didn't unplug that solenoid.

Thanks

• richardbe7011@gmail.comrichardbe7011@gmail.com Posts: 7Verified User

Hey, I did the same thing and the check engine light came on. What I did was flash my bike back with the 1187 ECU then I did the 3 ride cycles to clear the check engine light. It worked! What I did then was in the tuning suite download both 1187 and 1194 ECU'S . I then went on the 1194 ECU and Imported the Power Commander Map. I then copied the Map for TPS & RPM from 1194 ECU then Pasted it to 1187 ECU TPS & RPM. It all worked and no check engine light. I hope this works for you. Safe Riding!