Support Forum

19 zx6r check engine light is on, fan stays on at startup and temp gauge doesn't show temp

k42motorsports@gmail.comk42motorsports@gmail.com Posts: 4Verified User

I Just flashed a 19 zx6r now im getting a engine light, fan always on, temp gauge doesn't show temp and my obd reader wont turn on when connected to the bike. the bike runs fine. how can I clear the light?

Comments

• octavio@ftecu.comoctavio@ftecu.com Posts: 191Staff User

Hi,

What is your your bikes ECU part number and what file did you flash into it?

Are you using a bike side harness as well? You may need to purchase the diagnostic adapter harness to clear the codes. Do you know what the codes are?

Regards

• k42motorsports@gmail.comk42motorsports@gmail.com Posts: 4Verified User

hey I just saw this, I still have the issue.

the part number is 21175-1395 and I flashed the 2019 ZX636 - 21175-1395(US) Unrestricted.ftm

Yes I used the side harness. And its giving code 14

Thanks

• k42motorsports@gmail.comk42motorsports@gmail.com Posts: 4Verified User

hey I just saw this, I still have the issue.

the part number is 21175-1395 and I flashed the 2019 ZX636 - 21175-1395(US) Unrestricted.ftm

Yes I used the side harness. And its giving code 14

Thanks

• octavio@ftecu.comoctavio@ftecu.com Posts: 191Staff User

I suggest using the OBD2 adapter harness and trying to clear the codes with a generic scan tool if you haven't done it that way. Make sure your battery is charged up as well. I believe some error codes clear up after riding for a bit. If that doesn't work try the stock file and see if the code goes away. You could also flash the 1396 file in it as well and report the results.

Regards

• 373969383@qq.com373969383@qq.com Posts: 3Verified User

Hi bro, did you get this resolved? I have same zx6r with same issue. I flashed 1395 as well. The code keeps coming up after ODB2 code clean