Support Forum

no rev limiter for my image

jtingram@msn.comjtingram@msn.com Posts: 39Verified User

The image 2S3-8591A-A0 stock and unrestricted dont have a rev limit adjust for my bike. Ive been using a different image that doesnt match my ecu so i have that function. Is there any way to get that added or should i just keep using a nonmatching image if it isnt causing any issues?

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Keep using the other image if it doesn't cause any issues. The rev limit was never devloped for this file in the amount of time we had the bike/ECU here for.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• jtingram@msn.comjtingram@msn.com Posts: 39Verified User

What kind of problems could it cause? I do have a idle issue or would it be something way different in nature?

Hi,

It would be problems like a check engine light for a code that doesn't exist, bike no starting, etc...

Thanks,

Jason A.

• bgermer1@gmail.combgermer1@gmail.com Posts: 4Verified User

Would you mind sharing what image you are using that has the rev limit adjust ? Thanks

Hi,

I'm going to assume he is using the 2S3-8591A-00(US) file,

Thanks,

Jason A.

Yes that's it.

And has quick shifter function the other images don't have. Is it missing more that I'm not seeing?

• M_850_M@hotmail.comM_850_M@hotmail.com Posts: 2Verified User

Hi

Have V max 2015 & Upload The image 2S3-8591A-A0 unrestricted so When I reach the 130 mil the Engine cut Off ?

But The image 2S3-8591A-A0 Stock Reach the 135 mil but the fuel cut only .

what i do

Best Regards

• 4dmax1207@gmail.com4dmax1207@gmail.com Posts: 7Verified User

Nobody likes the VMAX is limited to 235, although it is sure fast without any protection from the wind..

At first, I thought it was limited by the ETV values, but this seems not the case....

I'm hoping for years now that the guys from FTECU are able to remove the limiter, but it looks like it is very difficult/impossible.

grtz, D

Don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!

• octavio@ftecu.comoctavio@ftecu.com Posts: 191Staff User
    edited June 2022

Hi,

What is you ECU part number and what year VMAX are you speaking of. I can inquire with development to see if they can add the rev limiter option as well. I am not sure if they would be able to at the moment. Also I am assuming you are speaking of limited speed?

Regards

• 4dmax1207@gmail.com4dmax1207@gmail.com Posts: 7Verified User

Ingram uses has the 2S3-8591A-A0 stock, but now uses the 2S3-8591A-00 unrestricted. I use the 2S3-8591A-90 unrestricted, Wich also has no rev limiter....

But I guess the real issue here is that it has a speed limiter, Wich settings are hidden..... Ingram hopes to solve this problem with the rev limiter settings, but I believe it is a different setting...

Grtz, D

Don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!

• octavio@ftecu.comoctavio@ftecu.com Posts: 191Staff User

I would not know, we do not have an option for the speed limiter. I do know development tends to remove it on the Unrestricted files. I am not sure if that is the case for every bike though. If we could find out if it worked out for Ingram that would be great help. @jtingram@msn.com