Support Forum

2019 Zx-10r Activetune problem "awaiting lambda controler"

arminlessani@yahoo.comarminlessani@yahoo.com Posts: 11Verified User
edited July 2019 in ActiveTune AFR Kits

I just installed the activetune kit for my 2019 ZX-10r. I double checked the instructions and all the connections on the bike, however every time I try to live view it says "waiting on lambda hardware" and it never starts showing A/f ratios. What could be causing this?

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

There is a connection issue with the lambda controller hardware or the O2 sensor. Check all wiring to make sure they are fully seated into the connectors.

• arminlessani@yahoo.comarminlessani@yahoo.com Posts: 11Verified User

I triple and quadruple checked all the connections including the sensor in the exhaust. I called and Joe said its server related, but I dont see how that is as I can flash the ECU just fine. And connection to the server is a green light.

• chrisgardellchrisgardell Posts: 48Staff User

please also check sensor calibration..

If you pull the sensor out of the bike it should read 20:1 in free air and 10:1 in butane (from an unlit bic style lighter).

If the sensor never recives a signal in the working range it wont ever start using the feedback.

It isn't reading anything no matter what I do. The flash works it gets enabled, but when I open the AFR monitor or take it for a ride it just says "Waiting on lambda hardware" From the looks of it either the sensor or lambda controller deal is defective. Do you think its fair to ask for a replacement at this point?

You would get that same message if it were a bad ground... Respectfully, I would like to better troubleshoot the issue before throwing money at it, especially considering every single unit gets tested here in the last production step.

Just to be clear when checking the sensor

1) remove sensor from pipe and install a plug in the hole

2) monitor sensor readings with bike running and sensor out of the exhaust stream (live correction mode off)

If the bike isn't running it also wont power the sensor and what you are seeing would be expected.

Thanks for your response. I checked the ground numerous times before reassembling the bike insuring I followed the instructions outlined on the FTECU website, as well as making sure the ground wire had a tight fit and good metal to metal contact. I made a video of exactly what happens when I open the AFR monitor with the sensor out of the bike in open air and bic butane lighter. As you can see in the video its the same result. Also I would like to add I noticed the sensor in the exhaust starts getting hot even before the engine is started.

https://youtu.be/kbaBU_TGmrQ

Something else i also noticed is that the software generates an entire new flashtune file usally named "ActiveTune (random number)" every time you open the AFR monitor. It does this regardless of how you pull up the AFR monitor. For example Ill have 2019 Zx-10r unrestricted map with ActiveTune enabled, Ill flash it then when I try to open AFR another file named "Activetune 02098881" will be generated and that will be automatically selected as the current file.

kent will be reaching out to you today..

That is expected behavior.

With older versions the user was responsible for making sure the file they had open and the file the that was in the ECU matched. otherwise you would be reading trims into a file that they potentially weren't made for.

Starting since July, we store a copy of your last wrote file for any given license number and when downloading trims we automatically make sure they are loaded into the last file you wrote.

Thank you sir, Looking forward to speaking with him. Hopefully we can get this resolved.

I was never reached out to by him. Can you please have him reach out to me tomorrow.

Armin, check your email please.

Oh my bad I saw it now it went in my spam folder. Thank you.

I already sent an email, but the replacement Lambda controller didn't fix the issue. Seems to be doing the same thing. This is after I removed the old controller and installed the new one. https://youtu.be/qwqrktKimSs

Armin,

Please record a data session with the engine running and the sensor out of the exhaust (replaced by a plug). Do the calibration test with open air, and then the Bic lighter. We need to see the data from that test. Thanks.

• I too am having the same issue on a 2015 Ninja H2, it just endlessly says "waiting for lambda hardware " any idea what else i should look at , I've checked all the connectors & made sure the ground is good, ECU will flash fine but the lambda just won't do anything. Does it matter if the O2 sensor is turned on or off ? doesnt seem to make a difference either way.

• ftecu@mail.ruftecu@mail.ru Posts: 10Verified User
    edited September 2019

I have the same problem on yamaha R1 2016

• rodr12345@gmail.comrodr12345@gmail.com Posts: 1Verified User

I have the same issue with a 2019 MT-10 - Would love to use Active Tune, but as of now, it is not working.

There are no good instruction anywhere. Making a active tune file does no help, and again there are no instructions anywhere to understand what is what.

The connection to your servers or API connection to be specific just went down also in the middle of me taking it back to active, and my bike is useless....... not very happy. I cannot connect to the software to upload to my ECU. It has been great, but these issues need fixed.

• emersonvl@live.caemersonvl@live.ca Posts: 1Verified User

Sorry to bump an old thread but was anyone able to get to the bottom of the awaiting for hardware issue ? having the same problem on a 16' r1m

• marius.karstad@gmail.commarius.karstad@gmail.com Posts: 8Verified User

Iam also having this problem with my mt07. What was the fix??

Should i make a new thread about this? Been fault isolating all day on my activetune. It seems to be dead. When i do monitor AFR is showing 10.3 and got to red light at the top and a message saying "awating lamdahardware". Also if i go on a ride and come back to do the "read" its just showing 0 all over. All the cables look good.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Just seeing this here. If you think your LAMBDA controller is bad please send it back to us and we will test it here.

If found faulty we will send you a replacement at no charge to you.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Do i send it back to you or veloxracing were i bought it?

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Please send it back to us so we can test it. VeloxRacing doesn't have the means to test product like we do.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• Arab.riders@yahoo.comArab.riders@yahoo.com Posts: 33Verified User

Hello, I have the same issue on Yamaha R1. I had purchased 2 kits to install on 2 bikes. After testing the first kit,in the monitor view I got the same message "Awaiting Lambda hardware". Then I replaced the controller and the lambda with the 2nd new kit connected but lambda on air, I got the same result. Both lambda are getting hot when we start the bike and both reading 10 only inside and outside the exhaust.

What to do next?

• octavio@ftecu.comoctavio@ftecu.com Posts: 191Staff User

Hi,

Have you made sure Active Tune has been enabled and flashed into the ECU? Is the motorcycle running when you start the monitor?

Regards

Yes, I'm sure I flashed the ECU with active tune license. Yes, the monitor only can be done while bike is running. Thanks

• octavio@ftecu.comoctavio@ftecu.com Posts: 191Staff User
    edited June 2022

If you believe the lambda controller is bad please send it back to us and we will test it here. If it is bad we will replace it at no charge. If it is good you will be responsible for return shipping.

Regards

Ok. I'm going to send both unti. Is the Yamaha R6 2017 and Yamaha R1 have the same controller? I have third kit, I want to test also before I send. Thanks

Any instruction for sending back?