Support Forum

VERY IMPORTANT: Please make sure you are flashing the correct file!

kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User
edited March 2020 in FZ / MT 07

We've been having quite a few instances of customers flashing the wrong file into their Yamaha FZ/MT-07 and ending up with a non-running motorcycle that is showing numerous error codes. You need to double-check to make sure that the file you're going to flash has the exact same part numbers as your ECU; we have multiple files for each year that are for different countries, so don't just see "2018 Yamaha MT-07" and think that it's for your bike. If you flash the wrong file into your ECU, you cause a major write error in the ECU that triggers error codes that don't exist, and you end up with a non-running motorcycle. And unlike other error codes, you can't simply have your dealer reset them.

You will need to "reset" your ECU by flashing our specific reset file into your ECU first, then flashing a new correct file immediately afterward. We will have the reset file available on the server soon, but in the meantime, please post on the forum and we'll email the file to you.

Thanks,

Kent

Comments

• bruzzese.mirko@gmail.combruzzese.mirko@gmail.com Posts: 7Verified User
    edited July 2019

Hi Kent i just sent you an email I just got a ecu with this problem, my customer brought the ecu to another tuner, tha het flashed it with a wrong file. now what have i to do? Label on ecu: 1XB-8591A-00. I need to flash it with a reset file before? Thanks for your support

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

I have emailed the reset file to you. Please flash that file first before flashing the correct FT file.

Thanks,

Kent

PLEASE NOTE: This post and thread is for the Yamaha FZ/MT-07 only. Please do not hijack the thread with issues pertaining to other motorcycles. Please start your own thread in the proper category. Thank you.

• vencemotosport@gmail.comvencemotosport@gmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

hello, can you please send me a reset file for B34-9591A-10(EU). Cordialement, David

Hi David,

There is no reset file for that ECU. Please flash the correct stock ECU image file into the ECU and it should return to normal.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Please start a new discusison as this is not the place for asking such question.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• jaroslav.sapoznikov@gmail.comjaroslav.sapoznikov@gmail.com Posts: 11Verified User

Hello, is there a reset file for B34-8591A-10(EU)?

As stated above, there is no reset file for that ECU. Please flash the correct stock ECU image file into the ECU and it should return to normal.

• torsten.skateboard@gmail.comtorsten.skateboard@gmail.com Posts: 1Verified User

Hello, I have a B34-8591A-10(EU). I tried flashing the correct stock ECU image file, but my engine trouble warning light turned on and the bike won't start. Is there anything else I can do?

• maxime.salembier@hotmail.frmaxime.salembier@hotmail.fr Posts: 20Verified User

hello I need the reset file my MT 07 (B34-8591A-10) no longer starts, engine light on the instrument panel and key light flashing

• ThomasThomas Posts: 7Verified User

Hi

Please send me the reset file for MT 07 (B34-8591A-00)

• milnerbk@gmail.commilnerbk@gmail.com Posts: 1Verified User

Hey,

Any chance I could get a reset file for 2016 FZ-07 (2RC-8591A-10)

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Any file reset requests please email me for.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• wilmer_ahlgren@hotmail.comwilmer_ahlgren@hotmail.com Posts: 2Verified User

Hi! I want a reset for my bike. My bike dosent start after I was flashing with your kit...How to reset? My bike is a 2018 MT 07 (B34-8591A-00) Please help me fast, need to ride tomorrow.....

• wilmer_ahlgren@hotmail.comwilmer_ahlgren@hotmail.com Posts: 2Verified User

Hi again!

I need som help.

My motorcycle is a 2018 mt07 with (B34-8591A-00).

Could not find this model in your software.

But I found 2015-2017 (B34-8591A-00) and flashed it with that. But now the bike wont start... And I tried once again and now its not even a sound from the fuel pump...

Please can you help me, I want to ride tomorrow...

How do I reset? Or how do I get it to work...

Best regards Wilmer Ahlgren