Support Forum

Problem quickshifter mt07

124»

Comments

• mihaiweb@gmail.commihaiweb@gmail.com Posts: 6Verified User

Hi,

Are there any updates regarding this issue?

I am facing the same problem. B34-8591A-00 ECU on a 2017 MT07(from EU-Romania), flashed the 15-17 MT07 B34-8591A-00(EU) Unrestricted, activated the QS and I am facing the same engine cut-out when changing gears above minim RPM for QS enabling.

I see now that this problem has been highlighted for quite a while, which is a bit disappointing...

• asesoriayproyectos17@gmail.comasesoriayproyectos17@gmail.com Posts: 19Verified User

I join everyone's request ... I have a QS on B34-8591A-00 ECU on a 2018 MT07 that doesn't work well on 1,2, and 3 gear. . the engine response is cut off when upshifting. and it doesn't feel at all synchronized and the experience is not what I expected .. I hope they notify me of the solution.

• martin@bimet.netmartin@bimet.net Posts: 47Verified User

Friend Jason. A question, when they have the solution will they notify us in this forum? How are you going to inform us that the solution was found? Regards.

Hi,

I am also planning to try flashing the BU2 file on my ECU, but first I want to double check with you if this change in settings was also present in your case between B34 and BU2.

Hi friend. I installed the BU2, the qs works fine, but the bike does not work well. The motorcycle is slow starting at 100 miles per hour and does not exceed 125 miles per hour. There is a video that I put on page 2

Hi Martin,

I flashed BU2 file it and seems to be working fine so far. When I have time I will go on the highway to test what you have observed.

@martin@bimet.net I went today on the highway. It`s the same as on your bike. 4th gear revs until red line - no issues, 5th and 6th only up to around 8k rpm.

5th gear max 115 mph, 6th gear max 125 mph. I took enough time and distance to observe this.

@jason@ftecu.com any updates on fixing the issue?

• randommen96shop@gmail.comrandommen96shop@gmail.com Posts: 30Verified User

That sounds to me like an restricted A2 license ECU, it is limited with revs in certain gears (6 and/or 5)

• ThomasThomas Posts: 7Verified User

Hi

I have the same problem after installing the quickshifter today.

When quickshifting, bike shift gear, then bike dies, massive engine breaking. wake up after 1 second, then full throttle followed by pops and bangs!

Trust me; this is bad, it looks stupid and is no way near how a real quickshifter should work!

This is more like; installing a "Kangaroo slowshifter".

I have Active Tune + Quickshifter

ECU: B34-8591A-00 

Is there a fix in progress?

• many people with the same problem and it seems that after a long time they have not found a definitive solution .. what a disappointment

@jason@ftecu.com @kento_ftecu

Guys, can you please update us on this problem? It is getting out of hand, more and more people buying an non working product.

Tip: Maybe inform your customers that the product is, in fact, not working on ALL MT-07 models right now, as I already told beneath an instagram post, in which you deleted my comment in which I exposed all the lies.

Can you please inform us, why it is taking so long, is it incapabillity? Maybe ask some help? Right now you're not taking your customers very serious and just bullshitting them over and over again.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

David,

The solution to the problem is planned to be released in our next update. Which will be happening soon.

I don't do our social media so I have no clue what you are talking about there.

The issue is not with all MT07's in fact it is specific to one model ECU part number.

Thanks,

Jason A.

edited November 2020

Hi everyone,

The B34-00 file has been updated to use QS version 1.1 now just like in the BU2-10 file. Please start with a fresh brand new file from the Tuning Suite software and let me know your results if this works or not.

Thanks,

Jason A.

@martin@bimet.net @willrc@free.fr @aigars.jankuns@gmail.com  @mihaiweb@gmail.com @asesoriayproyectos17@gmail.com @Thomas

Can you please be kind enough to try the new version and let us know? To be clear, I'm not associated with FTecu, but I have an friend that has this ecu and is interested in the QS for over an year we have been waiting now. Please let us know.

Hi. I uninstalled the qs and sold the bike to my brother. I got tired of waiting. More than a year and a half waiting for the solution. It's alot.

Hi jason. I am with my brother trying to open the program ftecu tuning suite and after entering the email and password the program does not open. It is blocked. What I can do? Thank you

Martin,

Please try to login with your USB Datalink cable plugged into your computer. This is necessary the first time logging in after the new software update.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi @martin@bimet.net

Did you get to the point of testing it in the meantime?

Hi Jason

I tried the new file as you suggested today.

This made it worse.

Without even touching the shifter, the bike started the bouncing moves (Engine goes On/Off/On/Off) right on the "Minimum RPM" set in the app was reached, followed by check engine lights on.

I tested the quickshifter sensor with a multimeter.

It seems fine. Closes the loop when shifting as it should.

Just to rule out other possible causes; Is the pins correct on the wire harness from the qs (picture) that connects to the side harness?

Hello @jason@ftecu.com @kento_ftecu

Martin here reported this issue in Nov 2019 and ended up selling his bike because of this.

My bike has been on the side-stand since Aug 2020 because of this.

Other customers on this forum has reported the same issues and it has not been solved.

Is there any progress in solving this issue?

I have Active Tune + Quickshifter

ECU: B34-8591A-00 

Thomas,

Your QS Harness looks correct. The wires need to be going to pins A and E.

Your QS didn't work with either version? Your QS also didnt work with any file? What files have you tried?

Thanks,

Jason A.

I followed your advice and tried flashing again with a fresh brand new file. (B34-8591A-00 in Stock ECU Images folder)

QS has never worked before.

The version before Nov 4 had issue: Bike 'died' when shifting gears. It felt like switching OFF/ON ignition key.

This version: When accelerating and the RPM reach "Minimum RPM" set as minimum threshold for the qs to work, the bike switches OFF/ON/OFF/ON. This happens without even touching the shifter.

I have sent you a reset file request to your e-mail.

Hi,

Ok I will reply to you via email then.

Thanks,

Jason A.