Support Forum

what type of whip mt09 2020

• Well I would like to know if the
  • 6-Pin Bench Harness Type 16 da for the mt09 2020 ecu?

I already saw a video on YouTube remaking a mt09 2020 and they used ftecu and it works well you just have to erase the errors with an ob2. i use my software and hardware on my r6 2010 and it works perfectly but on mt 09 i bought now this month i am in doubt of the harness if it is type 16 and if the files that are there in the software worked ...

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User
    edited June 2020

The MT-09 uses a Type 16 Bench harness. You need to look at the ECU sticker to find the part number and match that with the files in the Tuning Suite database. It's likely that it uses the same part number as the previous models.

• joaopedro.paiva@gmail.comjoaopedro.paiva@gmail.com Posts: 4Verified User

But the whip type 11 here on the page appears the bicycle whip not the bench. What I want is the bench because of the internet connection of the Ftecu software I already had problems with my r6 since I ended up buying a license I didn't need and I even got an extra license and the software even tried use that license that has become unusable. Here when I search, only type 11 appears but it is to connect on the bike and the bench that is what I want appears this:

Or send the link of the type 11 bench whip as you told me but I did not find it?

• joaopedro.paiva@gmail.comjoaopedro.paiva@gmail.com Posts: 4Verified User

I have the obd2 diagnostic scan for Yamaha bikes. I know that if you flash the ecu with the type 16 bench harness that it works with the current connection of a 12v transformer, you will have the engine light on and then I will just erase the errors with the Yamaha obd2. And with the whip type 11 do I have to connect it to the motorcycle or can I flash the ecu without being connected to the motorcycle? As far as I know, only if you invent a 12v current connection because otherwise it won't flash because you don't have the 12v current as when you are on the motorcycle with the motorcycle battery.

• jeff_cjeff_c Posts: 13Verified User

The Type 11 bike harness gets installed on the bike, so that you do not have to remove the ECU to flash it as you would with the Type 16 bench harness.

You simply connect your laptop to the Type 11 connector. 12V power comes from the battery, when the software tells you to turn the key on.