Support Forum

XSR700 Bike Side ECU connection issue and can't download instructions

robertrynd@gmail.comrobertrynd@gmail.com Posts: 18Verified User

Bike side harness install - Harness 9 for 2018 XSR700

I found what i think are the pinouts from Jakethegardensnakes video (FZ07). Installed the harness. I verified the ground is good - a bolt that is directly to the chassis and buzzes out good when checking with the return of a turn-signal ground. 

It gets up to where it flashes the ECU. It says connected. Then after a few seconds changes to connecting... then loses connection. The logs are stored on the server. The only time it did anything different is when ground was disconnected. but still failed. I tried 3 different chassis ground locations as well as a direct line straight to the negative of the battery.

I uninstalled and re-installed the software today at 2:30 eastern time and tried again, same issue. 

pinouts used are 6,13,22. Would be nice if I could download the instructions. 

Any thoughts? Is the harness miswired?

Thanks,

Rob

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Please reboot the software, and then restart your computer.

I will email you the install instructions for the harness.

Thanks,

Kento

• robertrynd@gmail.comrobertrynd@gmail.com Posts: 18Verified User

Hi Kento,

Instructions received, thanks!

Everything is hooked up correctly but it is still not working. I checked all the pins are fully inserted and the harness is locked in position.

It gets up to the writing prompt and says connected, then says connecting... then failed.

I fully removed the program again. rebooted. Installed. rebooted. Still failed.

On the other side of the harness it is Black (A), Red (F), Orange (E), Yellow (D).

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Rob

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

You could have a voltage problem during writing process. How is the condition of your battery?

It's good. The bike is less than a year old.

Ended up that the yellow wire wasnt fully seating into the harness. I used a pin to push it into place. Anyway, it connected and flashed. Thanks for the support!