Support Forum

Can you add Yamaha 2019 r6 immobilizer delete function?

redsy86@naver.comredsy86@naver.com Posts: 20Verified User
Yamaha 2019 r6 
 Can you add immobilizer delete function to BN6-8591A-00 (EU) ECU? 

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Try flashing with the US file (BN6-8591A-10) make sure US Harness Config is set to false.

If that doesn't work you need to wire your bike to US spec. I have made instructions I can give you depending on if the first thing works or not.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• redsy86@naver.comredsy86@naver.com Posts: 20Verified User

Can I delete the BN6-8591A-00 ECU immobilizer? I've already used a license, so I'm wondering if I can't use a new license.

Hi,

Try flashing with the US file (BN6-8591A-10) make sure US Harness Config is set to false, then disconnect the immobilizer wire from the ECU.

If that doesn't work you need to wire your bike to US spec. I have made instructions I can give you depending on if the first thing works or not.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• alexanderwaraya@gmail.comalexanderwaraya@gmail.com Posts: 1Verified User

Hi.

I tried flashing my R6 2017 with US file (BN6-8591A-10), but no luck!

Can you send me the instructions for wiring to US spec, please?

Best regards

Alex

Flash ECU to US file (BN6-8591A-10) as instructed by you.However, the engine was running, but there was a problem with ignition. So I put the EU file (BN6-8591A-00) back on the flashECU and refitted the immobilizer. The bike returned to normal. I want to remove the immobilizer from the EU file. Please.

I've inquired about the immobilizer before.I would like to know if it is possible or impossible to delete the immobilizer from the R6 EU file.

edited April 2020

Hi,

Here are the instructions I've made for converting the EU harness to US spec to remove the Immobilizer:

Swapping Injector and Coil wires on a 17 EU R6 to US R6:

To do so, you will need to rewire the pins in your small ECU coupler. They are numbered on the outer sides of the back coupler.

The wires that need to be relocated in the smaller AMP ECU coupler are as follows:

6, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, 16

CURRENTLY the bike is wired as follows:

6 Grey with Green tracer, 7 Orange with Green tracer, 8 Grey with a Red tracer, 9 Orange. 13 Orange with Black tracer, 14 Blue with Black tracer, 15 Green with Black tracer, 16 Red with Black tracer.

In order to remove your IMMOBILIZER and properly use the US spec file you will need to re-arrange these wires to correspond with the US spec wiring harness, you should re-configure your wiring to the following:

6 Orange, 7 Grey with a Red tracer, 8 Orange with a Green tracer, 9 Grey with a Green tracer, 13 Red with a Black tracer, 14 Green with a Black tracer, 15 Blue with a Black tracer, 16 Orange with a Black tracer.

Once you have these ECU terminals re-seated and locked back in, simply flash in the US file with US harness config set to true.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Thanks for your help. It's all right.

Is 2019 r1 able to remove immobilizer in the same way?