Support Forum

No license detected after failed flash

yamaha17r1m@gmail.comyamaha17r1m@gmail.com Posts: 6Verified User

Hi, I was trying to flash my 17 R1M today. After it went to 100%, got a message that write failed, and so I clicked “ok” and it just left me stuck on the verifying ecu image bar but with no activity. I closed it and tried both to read or write the ecu and it says no licenses found and asked if I want to buy another one. Please help.

I also ordered an autoblipper license that went into queue. I thought this would add to my account automatically. I had the auto blip feature previously but it was written on another license that couldn’t be transferred to me, so I just bit he bullet and ordered another one. I’d like to be able to initialize her autoblipper on my next flash.

Comments

• yamaha17r1m@gmail.comyamaha17r1m@gmail.com Posts: 6Verified User

I just looked at my account when I log in and the license is there, but it says the status is "flash init"

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Only ECU licenses are added automatically, any product activation code has to be manually added by us. I have just added that code to your account though.

I also have reset your ECU license.

Thanks,

Jason A.

So I tried to flash again and the same thing happened. After it went to 100% it said write failed. Then afterwards it locks the license up again and asks if I want to buy a new one. I'm not sure what's preventing it from writing successfully. I tested the bike side harness via the 6 pin method and everything checks out fine. I also flashed it this time using an ethernet cable instead of wifi to make sure the connection was not going to drop out. Any ideas?

Just to update if anyone else gets the same type of issue. I got the license reset and was able to finally get a successful flash later in the evening. I was told that sometimes during peak internet usage during the day may cause these types of issues. Was suggested I try to do the flash later in the evenings or earlier in the mornings. It worked for me.