Support Forum

Quickshifter question!

Hi!

I had a quickshifter on my Yamaha MT 07 earlier this year, and it broke my motor, because the shifter only cut ignition but not fuel, causing fuel to funnel into the exhaust valve and exploding within upon reignition, causing valve spring retainers to jump out of place.

Context given, is your ECU based quickshifter cutting fuel AND ignition or just one of the two?

I will buy this, if you can guarantee me that my engine won't break down again if I just use the default values within your tuning software. I already have the flashing kit aswell.

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User
    edited February 2021

Hi,

Our QS cuts fuel and ignition. We have tons of customers on this setup with no issues...

The situation you explain to me is not even possible from my knowledge.

My suggestion to you would be make sure you have high quality gas going in the bike and maybe tone down your ignition timing.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• ssamsuominen@gmail.comssamsuominen@gmail.com Posts: 9Verified User

I use best premium fuel possible. Also, my ignition timings were stock at the time the engine problem occurred. Had the healtech brand -quickshifter and it only cut ignition, so according to people I've talked with the fuel keeps squirting and doesn't ignite due to ignition cut causing fuel to funnel into the exhaust valve and then exploding upon ignition, which caused the problem...

Anyways, since your quickshifters cut both fuel and ignition, I should have no problems so I'll buy your quickshifter in the near future!