Support Forum

Kawasaki KRX1000 flash issue

TraderRick@mac.comTraderRick@mac.com Posts: 9Verified User

Has anyone had a problem with the maps provided for the KRX? I have flashed 2 separate ecu's with the unrestricted map and it seems it has 'bricked' both units...I did download the map from the ecu's first and have tried to restore that map as well and the machine won't function.....it will start, but there seems to be no throttle input.....during the uploads and downloads the software said everything worked good every time....just wondering if this has happened to anyone? I'm not above making mistakes, but it definitely is not my first rodeo with using Flash Tune.

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

You need to flash the ECU twice to get the flash to take at the moment. Please do back to back flashes on it then it will be just fine.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• TraderRick@mac.comTraderRick@mac.com Posts: 9Verified User

Thank you Jason!

I did try to re-flash 2 times in a row and on the second try the software says no changes needed and ends....it doesn't seem to send any info to the ecu the second time.....

Is that normal?

I haven't had a chance to install and test again.....I'm really low on KRX inventory at the moment....just wondering if that is the normal response the second time?

Hi,

Sorry yes that is normal for it to give you that message. What you want to do is go in the file and change one small thing to force the flash. For example I change the fan temps by one degree then flash the ECU and you will be good.

Thanks,

Jason A.

ok, i'll try that.

thank you!

Hey Jason...

I've tried your suggestions on multiple ecu's and still no joy...

i'm a kawasaki dealer, so when i couldn't get the customers original unit to flash, I ordered another new ecu....then tried it and bricked it too.... so i had to air freight another new ecu just to get the customer going, but back to stock....

the 2 bad ecu's always say flash completed and never an error .....

I have tried to flash them back to original files that came off of them as well as the stock, and unrestricted files in the ftecu file manager..

these are all california models #1483 if that helps........

I have flashed many yxz's and wolverines and transmission modules over the years and never a problem...

I did purchase the bench flash kit from Grave's

just wondering how to proceed?

thanks for all your help!

Rick

Rick,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are still having, it is not very common here.

I have some testing being done at the moment to see if your problem is reproducible.

For now I have reset both ECU licenses related to the KRX's. Re-marry the ECU license to each ECU and flash each one twice the same way I told you before. Please report back to me if that fixes your issues.

Thanks,

Jason A.

cool....thanks! should I flash with the unrestricted files? or back to stock.....

also....FYI.....the main problem seems to be: the unit will start and has no problems or codes on the dash, but, the throttle seems to not work at all.....it idles, just no throttle input with pedal movement...but the unit works fine with the new stock ecu

edited February 2021

Rick,

Flashing with the Unrestricted is just fine.

This sounds like the classic ZX10 issue after flashing where the TPS needs to synchronize. Do me a favor still flash it twice for me but afterwards plug the ECU in the car and do not start it. Turn the key on, let it sit for 5 seconds, then turn key off, now unplug the ECU, wait a second, plug the ECU back in, key on and start it, then see if the throttle works.

Thanks,

Jason A.

will do

Seemed to work!

I'll let u know when I can get some test miles on it

Thank you for your help!

Rick,

No problem at all, happy to help here. Let me know if everything goes well!

Thanks,

Jason A.