Support Forum

DTC after ECU flash

SMFreakSMFreak Posts: 18Verified User

Being bored during winter time as this is very simple I connected GSXR 1000, 2020 Diag connector vi BT to Android Torque Pro app just being curious what can I see from that app and to check eventual fault codes if any.

Regardless this byke use CAN bus for different modules communication, for DIag it is K-Line.

Scanning Fault codes from Torque app showed 4 DTC and I was wondering how this is possible after reflashing ECU with map 17-19 GSXR1000 - 32920-17KG2(EU) Unrestricted as from my understanding by ECU Flash DTC code also are erased.

No to be misleaded there are no errors on byke Dash and byke works normal but just Torque scan show these Fault codes.

Sure from FT UI O2, PAIR and EXCVA are disabled and HW removed as I have full Akra exhaust and PAIR is removed where block off plates are installed.

No worries but wondering how these errors are stored after ECU flash as all devices from Screenshot are disabled by FT?

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Its possible that these could just be stored fault codes which is why they don't actually appear as a fault on your dash. If you clear them all with the bike being flashed now they most likely won't come back. But if the bike runs as normal and doesn't have the light on the dash I would not worry about it too much.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• SMFreakSMFreak Posts: 18Verified User

Hi,

For the time being while engine is running in garage (didnt have a ride after clearing faults) I have cleared all fault codes besides EXCVA. This one reappears.

Generally I dont care about these hided or let's say stored faults as long as byke works normal but after erasing them they should not reappear as all mentioned functions has been disabled through FT unrestricted map in parallel by removing all required HW.

Just wanted to share.

Hi,

That is strange though let me know if more faults reappear after riding the bike please.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• RoninRonin Posts: 9Verified User

Hey Jason, im also seeing the same on obd tool but no FI on the dash (I think this is normal and ok to happen) all flashed bikes will show these too if you stick obd tool into them unless I'm wrong, interesting subject so I joined in, erasing them will not clear them they will come back:

Hi,

Glad the light isn't coming on with the dash at least. Let me know again part number ECU file you flashed in and I'll note this down.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hey,

Ecu part number: 17k02

The file is the unrestricted, I think if we do the obdII or scan on other bikes maybe it will be the same? Most people dont know how to run obdII test on gsxr1000 its easy all you need is adapter

Just wanted to add that I have the service tool switch and when I set it (on) the dash says (C00) so everything is ok but not sure why obdII gives us the 4 codes, interesting yet not an issue.