Support Forum

FTECU Software giving error saying no registered ECU found

Installed FTECU Auto-Blipper on my bike (2018 Yamaha MT-10). Flash did not write properly when trying to re-flash bike to activate the auto-blipper. Attempted the flash again and now the software is saying that I do not have a license to write the ECU.

Now my bike will not start. Disconnected ECU and checked connections, everything is good. Disconnected battery for 5 minutes and reconnected, still will not start. Also, still unable to flash bike.

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Can you please try flashing it again for me now and see if it takes to the license?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• JOSEPH.R.BRAIG@GMAIL.COMJOSEPH.R.BRAIG@GMAIL.COM Posts: 11Verified User

Attempted Flash again with original license (D38E8B41). Told me that the write attempt failed. Now giving the same error as last time (no registered ECU found). Attempted with the other license that I bought out of desperation as well (FEB0F413) with the same result.

If you can reset the licenses again I'm going to try installing base-unrestricted map. If that fails as well i will re-install stock Quick-Shifter, and attempt flashing without Auto-Blipper enable, and see if that is the issue.

Forgot to mention that the Auto-Tune and Auto-Blipper modules are assigned to License D38E8B41, unless it is universal and will work with either.

Hi,

Ok try again with a different file. It's possible the file got corrupted or something you were doing to the file corrupted it. It does matter on the license so make sure it takes to the D38 one please.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Same issue. I am wondering if the ECU QSS Input needs to be enabled or disabled if I have the Auto-Blipper feature turned on when I flash the bike? If it needs to be enabled I am just going to take the Auto-Blipper off and return to stock Quickshifter since everything was working fine up until I added that feature.

License D38E8B41 needs to be reset.

Hi,

Enable the ECU QSS in the file. I will reset your file please try this procedure for me:

Flash the Unrestricted file in make sure ECU QSS is Enabled.

If it takes fine then enable Active Tune and reflash.

If that takes fine then enable autoblip and reflash.

Doing this process step by step can possibly help us find out what is causing the issue.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Failed again while mapping the base unrestricted map. Im wondering if the Auto-Blipper is installed correctly (2018 Yamaha MT10).

Green wire is where I put the cable coming from the auto-blipper to the ECU Harness. Set it up as the instructions told me.

The instructions didn't say anything about where to put those 2 plugs so I figured I would put them in and see how it works out.

LICENSE D38E8B41

Also License (D38E8B41) was not unlocked so I attempted with License (FEB0F413). I expect it would have been the same result either way

• mccoyracing383@gmail.commccoyracing383@gmail.com Posts: 2Verified User

I am having this exact same issue with my bike now... were you guys able to solve it?

@jason@ftecu.com any word on if the wiring is correct for the Auto-Blipper and resetting my licenses?

Hi,

Both those license do look to be open still. Please try flashing again but try using a different computer and/or internet connection please.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Flash success! I forgot that I had but a servo buddy on just to keep the connector from getting fouled up, apparently that was the issue. Removed the servo buddy and the flash took with no issues. Thank you for the help while we worked this out.