Support Forum

Problem with downloading and installing latest Tuning Suite 2.5.8.0

jeff_cjeff_c Posts: 13Verified User

Ran the Tuning Suite and it started to do an auto update to 2.5.8.0., but process hung at 90%. After waiting a few minutes, I killed the task, and did an uninstall of the software.

Rebooted, and then ran the setup.exe, but at about 94% gives an error message 'Could not download and install application'. Running it a couple of times resulted in the same error message, then eventually it became 'Could not download manifest. Error: Application manifest has either a different computed hash than the one specified or no hash specified at all.'

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Hi,

Apologies for the issues, our dev team is fixing the problem, should have it up and running very soon.

• jeff_cjeff_c Posts: 13Verified User

It's now able to update to 2.5.8.6, but hangs after logging in. The main FTECU window never comes up.

• tilen7@gmail.comtilen7@gmail.com Posts: 1Verified User
    edited November 2020

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

The latest version is 2.5.8.8 at the moment. Are you on that?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• Hi,

I have installed the last version of the software and now I cannot log in with my account.

The application after entering the credentials freezes and it is no longer possible to operate it. If I kill the process, subsequent login attempts fail indicating connection problems or incorrect username or password ...

I have already tried to uninstall, reboot the pc and reinstall the software without changing the situation.

What else can I do?

Thanks,

Massimiliano

Jason, yes, it's at 2.5.8.8 now, but what's odd is that I have it installed on a couple of different computers, but the application now only works correctly on 2 of them. One of them is a Windows 7 desktop and the other is a Windows 10 (2004) laptop. Prior to version 2.5.8.0, they all worked.

On the other computers (a Windows 10 2004 VM and a Windows 10 LTSC desktop), what happens is what Massimiliano describes - after credentials are entered, the app progress bar keeps moving but nothing happens. Only way to close it is to kill it with Task Manager. And then when run again, it again prompts for credentials, but the same thing happens. Every couple of attempts, though, it will give an Alert dialog box saying 'Fail: check internet connection' and then prompt for credentials again. But the Tuning Suite never actually opens successfully on these particular machines. I can see the application establish connections to 2 different IP addresses, even when it gives the 'check internet connection' error.

I did clean installs on all of these so I'm not sure why it's working on some and not others. Fortunately, the 2 machines that the software is working on are the ones I actually use to do the flashing (mostly the Win 7 desktop).

I found the solution. I realized that I'd never plugged in the USB Data link cable into the computers the latest Tuning Suite wasn't working on (never had to, as I used to use the software to edit maps only and it always just worked). So I plugged the Data Link into the computers, started up the software, and it then accepted the login. Subsequently the Tuning Suite could be opened without the cable being present.

• office@stc-group.atoffice@stc-group.at Posts: 1Verified User
    edited March 2022

Hi! long time i not open put now this problem

who can help

• octavio@ftecu.comoctavio@ftecu.com Posts: 191Staff User

Hi,

Are you still having trouble? Also what am I looking at here? Are you trying to download the software into your computer?

Regards