Support Forum

other software flash

niki@kolio-bg.comniki@kolio-bg.com Posts: 4Verified User

Hello, I have your product for ECU flash for yamaha XT1200Z 23P-8591A-00(EU). The product is excelent but I do not have the conditions and knowledge to develop your unrestricted image(with which I flashed it). I want to send the computer from the bike to a company that already has a full-developed image for this bike, but they use other software and hardware to flash these ECUs. I'm worried if they flashing with other hardware and software could damage my computer because they don't know exactly what part of the code in the computer Is changed or leave additions by the ftecu flash kit softiware? My second question is if I return to stock image that you have in the file manager, will the computer return to exactly the same status as another unflashed Tenere or will there be any parts or additions left from the flash tune software?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Nikolay

Comments

• niki@kolio-bg.comniki@kolio-bg.com Posts: 4Verified User
    edited November 2020

Anyone 😀?

Help me please.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

If you flash your ECU back to the stock file it will return all mapping parameters to OEM. However, it will still keep our licensing in your ECU as there's no way to get rid of that without being overwritten by another software. Most softwares like Woolich don't understand the bootloader security protocol of uploading a license so they are unable to flash over an ECU licensed with FTECU. We can flash over a Woolich licensed ECU though.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Thank you 😀

Hello, can I write to you personally on your e-mail

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Yes no problem email me whenever.

Thanks,

Jason A.