Support Forum

Altitude riding...

alntech4u@gmail.comalntech4u@gmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

2019 Z400 w/ full Akra, K&N, air box mod, and (Default) FTECU flash. The bike runs great, but most of my riding is between 2,000 and 6,000 ft and as high as 9,000 elevation. By default the Lambda is disabled, since I ride in high altitudes, would it be better to enable the Lambda, so it can adjust to the thinner air?

Thanks

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

No it would not be better as the stock Lambda wouldn't be able to properly compensate since its a narrow band setup.

If I were you I would try to get the tune right around 4000 feet or so then ride it how it is. We are looking into the possibility of adding Active Tune onto this bike and if we do it would really benefit you.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• alntech4u@gmail.comalntech4u@gmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

Thanks Jason, that's kind of what I thought. Don't know of any dyno tuners at 4,000 feet around here, so I'll be waiting for that auto tune feature. 👍️

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

We are planning to try and have that Active Tune unit completed for this bike before the end of the year. Just depends on how long it takes us to crack the 2020 R1 ECU. I'll try to keep you posted but if you don't hear anything before the end of the year please feel free to reach back out for an update.

Thanks,

Jason A.