Support Forum

2019 Yamaha XSR900 Active Tune Questions

I recently purchased a bike-side harness and active tune kit for my 2019 XSR900. The bike-side harness was straight forward in the install, pop out some dust covers and insert some pins. However the active tune has left me completely baffled.

Installing the sensor itself is easy enough, I have a Graves full system exhaust and it has an additional bung for this. The part that confuses me is the O2 port that that the instructions ask the module to be plugged into. The stock O2 sensor has a 5-6 inch wire before it hits a connector. The female portion of that connector then seems to run up into the main harness. This is in contrast to the active tune kit that has 2-3 feet of wire on the O2 sensor and additional module.

This discrepancy has lead me to question what exactly does this thing plug into? Is it the original harness of the factory O2 or is there another plug that I am missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am a bit of a noob when it comes to wrenching.

Tagged:

Comments

• jeff_cjeff_c Posts: 13Verified User
    edited October 2020

The instructions explains it pretty well, did you not download them?

The O2 sensor connects to the additional module (Lambda controller). The other connector on the Lambda controller connects to the O2 connector on the bike's harness. The extra cable length is so you can put the Lambda controller wherever you want.

P.S. You don't need to leave the stock O2 connector where it is by the clutch cover, you can tuck it up under the tank.

• Yeah, I was completely over thinking that one. I did end up relocating the Lambda controller back up under the seat. It took a little bit time to fish the cable up the way I wanted it, but overall not really that big of a deal.