Support Forum

High rpm at zero throttle

dviroth@gmail.comdviroth@gmail.com Posts: 6Verified User

After I flashed to the unrestricted map

my idle rpm at 0 throttle is about 3400 and up to 3800 which is extremely fast and not reasonable any help with what I need to adjust???

Comments

• dviroth@gmail.comdviroth@gmail.com Posts: 6Verified User

Any help guys?

my bike used to run smooth without any problem

before the flash i just need to know how to adjust the idle speed pulling the clutch also increase the rpm above 4,000 it’s not reasonable..

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User
    edited August 2020

Hi,

What ECU part number file did you use?

List me off all the numbers on the sticker of your ECU too please.

Thanks,

Jason A.

I’m not next to the bike currently but I used the 2016 eu unrestricted it’s 1118 at the end of i remember correctly and it’s the same as the sticker that i have my ecu as well... I used the correct file like al the guides and i did everything correctly... I’ll have some more time tomorrow I’ll upload pictures of the stickers and the ecu file that i used...

From what i am going through right now is frustrating...

i didn’t fixed the problem since the beginning of the post so my bike is just sitting in the corner claiming dust...

after reading a lot of posts on the internet it seem something to do with throttle body sync.. now i just can’t understand how just a flash got the throttle body out of sync if it’s a brand new bike... 2018 from what i am reading on Forums i will need to buy a 800$ special tool for Kawasaki just to sync the throttle body so it will work normally and it would take a lot of time and effort. Please if you have any solution to my problem please contact me as soon as you read this... I am so disappointed after just an unrestricted flash that is done correctly and check the right file according to the matching number on my ecu my bike is now un ridable. Please contact me!!!🙏🙏🙏

• bell_boy@hotmail.combell_boy@hotmail.com Posts: 3Verified User

Why not flash it back to the stock ECU file? See if that corrects the high idle. Sounds like the warm up idle settings are off in the file you flashed with.

After successfully flashing to stock on the program i have the power modes blinking and the high rpm don’t change...

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User
    edited September 2020

There is something wrong mechanically with your bike. The stock file would have your idle at normal OEM settings. You may have an intake leak, or something is causing your throttle plates to close completely.

so How can you explain that before flashing the bike was runing fine without any issues whatsoever... but after the flash it’s just went crazy after doing every single step right including choosing the right file for my ecu according to the numbers on it...

• jtingram@msn.comjtingram@msn.com Posts: 39Verified User

On my bike (vmax) in the 1% throttle i have to put 0% or it idles way high. Not sure if it works the same with yours.

• jtingram@msn.comjtingram@msn.com Posts: 39Verified User

Basically use the stock throttle settings for idle then use unrestricted settings higher up after that. If that makes sense. Hope it helps but probably not the same but something to look at.