Support Forum

2015 R1 loose Autoblipper/ QS harness terminals

flashtune.konto@gmail.comflashtune.konto@gmail.com Posts: 10Verified User

Hi.

I have been using the new style single Autoblipper/QS for 1 year on my 15 R1M.

Now i have ran into problems that i see alot of others have had, with bad terminals in the male part of the harness coming from the AB/QS switch.

I have replaced both sides of the harness with new wiering, soldered to the original harness, and put on bigger more solid connectors

Now the question:

I still have trubble using the blipper and QS, and i think i might hav gotten one one of the terminals wrong. Can you please provide me with a wiering diagram for the harness from the 4 pin connector do the switch? Then i can just rearrange the wrong terminals in the new plugs.

That way i dont have to send anything back to you guys, and I can get my QS/AB up and running hopefully in notime :)

Putting a picture of the FTecu original connectors that came of by themself

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Please send me a picture of what color wires on your QS sensor are connecting to what color wires on your QS/AB harness.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• flashtune.konto@gmail.comflashtune.konto@gmail.com Posts: 10Verified User
    edited August 2020

Thanks for your reply! :)

Best I could do for now, as the bike is parked elsewere at the moment. 🤔

Are the blue wiring coming from the OEM connetor ground?

What about the green wiring going to the female part? +5V ?

Thanks, :)

Hi,

That all looks to be connected fine. The only difference would be which green wire your black and red wires would be going into. That is dependent on your shift patter for PUSH or PULL. The red wire is your PUSH lead and the black wire is your PULL lead.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Thanks for your reply. Then it's adjustement of the gear rod next up tomorrow, and some testruns. Hope this would fix my issues! 🙂

Cheers,

Robin

Hi Jason,

Ive done some road testing and testing in diag mode code 86.

The blipper works flawless, but the QS is not working.

Code 86 did go from off to on a cupple of times when puling the gear lever, but then nothing. Tryed different angles, but i find it hard to get a good 90° both up on the gear knuckle, and down on lever. I think the lenght of the gear rod is a tad short.

Anyway dont think thats the problem, as the QS and Blipper have worked okay before. Note that i have had some sympthons with the QS not shifting good before. Hence thats why looked into the harness, and found pins comming out of the old one.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Robin

edited August 2020

This is how it looks now. Yellow wiring is soldered to the green comming from the sensor.

You can also see the S/N of the sensor. Maby you could tell if this is from the bad batch? (obvious some QC has missed out, as the pins came out of the male connectors) 🤷‍♂️

Hi,

Have you tested your QS sensor itself for continuity? Your current setup looks to be STD shift pattern so in that case if your blipper works we know the PUSH function works on your sensor. The PULL function could be an issue though. In Diag Mode 86 testing the PULL side of the sensor did it ever get a reading? Keep in mind Diag Mode 86 only tests for QS so when testing both sides of the sensor you'll need to swap the leads.

Thanks,

Jason A.

edited August 2020

Im aware that diag 86 only tests one way. I got intermittment readings from "off" to "on", when testing PULL(QS) today, then nothing. Tryed swapping the plugs back and forth, switched ignition off and on to diag mode again, but still couldn't get it to show "on" again at the PULL (QS) movement.I also tryed at different angles with the gear knuckle joint.

To me it seems like the QS-switch was just about to die, and now finally did.

I will be able to test it for continuity friday when i finnaly get home to my garage and tools 🙂

Thanks,

Hi,

Ok please do the continuity test for me once you are home. I will most likely need you to send the sensor to us.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi,

I have testet the connectors for continuity now, and I got no readings on the PULL(QS) movement. Just a steady 3M ohm

PUSH(blipper) movement show short-circuit when activated, and have worked flawless today on a 450km trip.

I will recheck my soldering on the harness aswell as terminals, but im 99.99% sure they are solid, as I work as a industrial mechanic and maritime engeneer. 🙂

Is there anything else i can test for?

If i have to send it back to you, will it matter that i have cut into to the sensor harness? Im just asking, in case theres some "policy" that i need to be aware of.

Thanks,

Robin J

I did the test, and I think I can confirm that the QS is dead. Now what?

Regards,

Robin

Update from 5 september 2020 when my last ride was. (im at work on sea now)

I was out riding, ans landes a wheelie. Suddently the blipper worked, but the QS dont.. 😅

There is defintly something wrong with the sensor, as it now works randomly one way or both ways, depending on its mood...

Now Jason, can you please reply on how the retun prosedure will be?

I bought FTecu products worth 3000 USD the during the last years, so its safe to say I am a loyal customer to you guys. So could we please solve my case here before the winter comes to Norway?

Regards,

Robin

Robin,

Ship the sensor back to us ASAP and we will get it tested for you. If found to be faulty we will send you a new sensor no problem and pay return shipping back to you.

Please ship to:

FTECU INC 1010 N Batavia St STE J Orange, CA 92867

Put a note in the box explaining the situation to make sure it gets to the right person if I am not in the office (like usual) when it arrives.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi Jason

I have been offshore at work until now, and just signing in to say that I will ship the sensor + harness tomorrow.

Best regards

Robin A J

Hi,

We will keep our eyes out for it here!

Thanks,

Jason A.