Support Forum

Are the unrestricted Maps plug and play or do they have to be modified?

masebright@sundt.commasebright@sundt.com Posts: 3Verified User

I have a 2017 YXZ1000R SS and I am trying to decide where to start out.

I have a full exhaust and it is running really lean so I was going to use the Graves Full System Flash but I like some of the options in the Unrestricted flash for the YXZ.

Is the Unrestricted flash properly tuned for a YXZ with full exhaust or will it require changes to get my AFR right?

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User
    edited July 2020

The Unrestricted file is set up for a vehicle with a full exhaust and your YXZ will run fine. If you would like to get your AFRs absolutely spot-on, then a dyno tune session will be needed.

• znelwsn@gmail.comznelwsn@gmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

I have the same question about my 2019 gsxs1000 I I did a cat delete and put a mid pipe on and the unrestricted file made it run pretty ruff so I went back to the stock file. Any suggestions?

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Whatexactly do you mean by "run pretty ruff"? We recently updated that file. When did you flash this?

Just bogging down at higher rpms and its really jumpy like it stutters and I flashed it like 20 days ago or something like that

Should I put a high flow air filter on and try again?

Like 2nd gear has plenty of power then stops at 80mph. Wont go any faster and stutters bad

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Our Unrestricted files are built around a bike with a full exhaust system and aftermarket air filter. Usually you can use it as a "plug and play" style map. If the map doesn't seem to run well in your bike I would suggest trying to modify the map yourself or purchasing a custom map from one of our dealers.

Thanks,

Jason A.