Support Forum

2CR graves flash question.

rudy@fast-company.carudy@fast-company.ca Posts: 2Verified User

I am working on a 15-16 Yamaha R1M (2cr-8591A-30) and I want to put the Graves flash(2cr-8591-20) in it

Is there any way to get around changing the firing order and disconnect the immobilizer on the graves tunes for Canadian bikes?

I looked and there is no us harness config available on the graves map, and no immobilizer opt out, is it possible to add that to the graves files to it to encompass Canadian and EU bikes?

if that's not an option is there a document for what needs to be swapped? I'm guessing cylinders 2 and 3 but that's all it is is a guess.

Do you guys have a walk through somewhere on what exactly needs to change for the r1 firing order conversion? I've looked on the forums and I couldn't find what I needed, Likely me searching in the wrong spot but I didn't have much luck finding it.

Thanks as always for the help, Rob

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User
    edited July 2020

Rob,

There is no way to add any options to those Graves files.

If you would like to remove the Immobilizer from the bike and run US spec firing order you can follow these instructions I made. They are based off converting an R1S but should still apply to your R1M:

Start by disconnecting the ECU from the wiring harness and we will be working with the smaller ECU connector.

We will be looking at the ECU connector from the back side where the wires pin in.

Start by unlocking the ECU connector by pushing in on the white tab on the bottom until it clicks.

On the top row starting from the left you should see wires in this order: Orange, Grey/Red, Orange/Green, Grey/Green.

We will unpin those wires and swap them into this order starting from the left: Grey/Red, Orange, Grey/Green, Orange/Green.

On the second row of the ECU connector you should see wires in this order starting from the left: Red/Black, Green/Black, Blue/Black, and Orange/Black.

We will unpin those wires and swap them into this order starting from the left: Green/Black, Red/Black, Orange/Black, Blue/Black.

Once finished lock the ECU connector and plug the ECU back in.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• rudy@fast-company.carudy@fast-company.ca Posts: 2Verified User

Thanks So much Jason, Really appreciated.

• gruntjohnson@yahoo.comgruntjohnson@yahoo.com Posts: 1Verified User

Good Afternoon Jason,

I know this is an older thread. I'm looking for some more information regarding converting the R1S you mention in your response above. I tried flashing the graves map you referenced above and bike will not start now. I'm assuming it has to do with the re-wiring of the harness you mentioned above. I'm about to add the blipper kit to my bike and if this is something else I can mess with while I'm working around the harness it would be helpful.

Do you have another source of information regarding this topic? I usually try and keep to the plug and play programs since I'm not terribly savvy with this stuff. If there's some performance benefits that I may gain from this I'd like to learn some more about it. Thanks in advance for your help.

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

What is your ECU part number?