Support Forum

Internet connection quality/drop influence on flashing

SMFreakSMFreak Posts: 18Verified User

Hi,

New with FTECU but previous experience with other tools flashing for different bykes. Not going much into details why internet connection is required and not doing flash offline seems pretty clear what may be advantage of such approach.

My concerns before I start writing ECU

In garage there is no cable internet nor wifi so the only option is mobile tethering over GSM 4G network.

I have already simulated this and FT Suite opens after comm to server but key question is what may happen in case data network (cable/WIFI or GSM 4G) suddenly drops during writing to ECU?

Can it brick ECU?

What are the possibilities if this happens.

Sure byke battery will be on battery tender with all not required fuses out to save power (headlight) and laptop will be with full battery on AC outlet.

What is the experience so far.

Thanks

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

What ECU are you attempting to flash?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• SMFreakSMFreak Posts: 18Verified User
    edited July 2020

Ups, very proper question for proper answer.

It is GSXR 1000 from 2020, ECU 32920-17KG2 (EU)

In general assuming harness setup is correct in terms of proper tight connections, enough battery power, in worse case scenario 4G internet connection and using always proper map is there anything to happen that can brick ECU without possibility to reflash it again on byke without sending ECU to anybody?

Yesterday I put my harness on byke and succesfuly red stock map, took up to 5min in 2 steps and saving. No issues works great.

Wondering what time write will take or usually takes?

Comparing my 17KG2 and one from FT server shows no difference, suppose it compares QS/AB also, this means stock 17KG2 always comes with these functions enabled, no need to enable it through RR add ons. True, stock 17KG2 is without LC.