Support Forum

matt_ariel@comcast.netmatt_ariel@comcast.net Posts: 6Verified User
edited May 2020 in FZ / MT 07

So I was getting this error, and found using the input tester thing and another forum posts that my red wire was not connected. I thought it would be an easy fix , but I have no joke installed my ECU and this cable probably 7-9 times now. Using a multimeter to confirm, I get correct voltage on everything but the red wire - I get nothing. I confirmed continuity on the harness, so the issue lies at the connector to ECU. I visually inspected the pin , it's perfect and square at the end , I also inspected the ECU pins , they are also perfect and straight . With the red wire installed, I visually compared it to other pins , and it's fully seated to the bottom. I even made sure when connecting the connector to ECU to do it really slow to confirm the red wire was not backing out when I installed it. After all this , multiple times , I'm still reading 0 volts off my red wire when the bike is on through the harness. Is it possible my ECU would stop putting out this 12V? If I wired this red wire to my battery, would it function the same ? I really don't want to cut this thing up and jury-rig it, but it doesn't seem like I have many options.

Comments

• matt_ariel@comcast.netmatt_ariel@comcast.net Posts: 6Verified User
    edited May 2020

So interestingly after restarting the ftecu software and restarting my PC, letting my bike sit off and coming back an hour later, I went to see if it would let me flash a stock tune , and it did, and starting writing. Then my laptop died midflash because I wasnt paying attention... So hopefully I can reflash it when my laptop is back with stock to save to certainly now broken ECU.

If I get it back up with stock, I will attempt to flash my tune again. Maybe it's something up with that specific tune. Although at the harness red wire still definetly reads just above 0 with the bike on - but when I test interface, the numbers indicate a good connection with the bike on or off.

I would be much more inclined to think it's user error on my part if when I installed it the first time before breaking a wire riding, it didn't go perfectly. Had no issues like this before. Maybe luck.

• matt_ariel@comcast.netmatt_ariel@comcast.net Posts: 6Verified User
    edited May 2020

I was able to reflash a unrestricted tune successfully - although I was still getting just over 0V on the harness when I tested prior. The fact that I flashed a full unrestricted tune makes me think my issue with the cable is now solved (or maybe this post doesn't related exactly to my bike even though it seems to be the same ECU model he's using https://forum.ftecu.com/discussion/203/status-fail-no-response-error-when-trying-to-connect ). Maybe I tunnel visioned too hard on getting that 12V and should have tried to flash every time after I reinstalled the red wire (I just tested for 12V and retried). Got a license error when I immedietly went to flash a version of that edited by myself though.