Support Forum

"Server offline"

mitchnak@gmail.commitchnak@gmail.com Posts: 10Verified User

Are there any server issues today, April 16, 2020? I can't flash at all because of this.

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User
    edited April 2020

There are no server issues currently. I can see that you flashed successfully recently, so you must have the current version of the software.

Did you change computers for the flash that you're having problems with now?

• mitchnak@gmail.commitchnak@gmail.com Posts: 10Verified User

No - same laptop. I wouldn't say it's the best internet connection here at the track. But, I WAS able to download the Tuning Suite software again so the connection can't be that bad. I re-installed the software - still not resolved. While connected to the ECU and watching the "Device" window, it will flash green like it connects to the server maybe every 30sec to a minute but then goes offline again. I'll keep trying some stuff.

edited April 2020

When are you last seeing a successful flash? I've not had one work yet today. The software I'm using is 2.5.7.12; just installed it.

I was referring to your successful flash in February. We commonly see that error message when someone hasn't flashed since early last year or before; we had a server upgrade issue in July that results in users with the old software not automatically getting updated when they logged in.

It's likely that your internet connection at the track is poor, and that is causing the server connection issues. Are you using your phone as a hotspot connection?

Yeah...was just typing that I'm using my phone as a hotspot. This is how I've always done it...but maybe today it's particularly bad?

Will a bad 6-pin cable cause this issue?

Cellphone reception and bandwidth can vary wildly depending on numerous factors. This will affect the flash process negatively. This is very likely the cause of your issues.

A bad USB Data Link cable would not give you a "server offline" error message.

edited April 2020

Just to close this thread; I was able to solve this problem. It appears that somehow during the initial flash, Tuning Suite (or the USB drivers) became corrupted, resulting in the "server offline" error but occasionally showing green "online". A simple uninstall and reinstall did not solve the issue. It needed a deeper cleaning of the windows registry. After going in and deleting all of the "FTECU" keys and reinstalling the software, problem solved.

I may have spoken too soon. I'm now seeing "no registered ECU found" when trying to write to it. Do you see anything on your end, regarding an error during the last flash or something?

If not, I think I'll need to send the USB cable to Jason for testing (I spoke to him on Friday).

Mitch

Your license is in attempted state due to a problem during the flash process. It can be reset, but you need to make sure that any changes you made to the current file are saved somewhere before it is reset, due to any files being lost in the reset process.

Everything is saved. Please reset, thanks! Fingers crossed!

Your license has been reset. You should be good to go.

It worked - thanks! Was able to successfully re-marry and flash it.