Support Forum

No power from ECU when trying to Flash

calvin_79@hotmail.comcalvin_79@hotmail.com Posts: 13Verified User

Hi Guys, just wondering if someone can help me. I've just brought the FTecu bench kit for my 2015 Yamaha R1 and i've been trying to flash it but had no success. My ECU is 2CR-8591A-00 which is the 2015 European ecu as i live in australia, so i downloaded the 2015 Maps i wanted that would match the ECU but when i go to flash, it marries the ECU to the License number then it says 'Status fail: No response'. I've tried requesting The ECU ID but that fails too. From what i've read this is from no power source coming from the ECU, but its connected to a powerpoint? I've also tried doing it on 2 different computers but i get the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Are you connecting the power source to a wall outlet, or an extension bar with multiple outlets and surge protector?

• calvin_79@hotmail.comcalvin_79@hotmail.com Posts: 13Verified User

Hi kento, I connected it to a extension bar with multiple outlets.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Sometimes using a surge protector prevents the ECU from getting the electrical spikes it needs during a communication process. I suggest trying the outlet straight to the wall. Let me know if that doesn't work.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi Jason, I tried connecting it straight into the power point. I’ve tried 2 different USA to Australia power point adapters as here in Australia we have different power point sockets to America, but it’s still coming up fail to respond. The interface test - test inputs reads 0, 10, 20, 30 so from what I’ve read there is no power to the ecu? I tried connecting a different power source cord into the harness but still no power and still the fail to respond message comes up.

Hi,

In the interface test what numbers are you seeing with power connected to the bench harness and no power?

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi Jason, when I connect the power source cable the interface numbers are 0, 10, 20, 30. Then when I disconnect the cable the numbers are the same. It’s not until I actually disconnect the ecu I get different numbers which I think are 7 and 37. Do you think there could be a fault which the harness?

Hi,

Looks like the ECU is seeing no difference from being powered or not.

Do you have a voltmeter? If so can you test your power supply lead for 12V?

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi Jason, I checked the power lead and it’s reading 12 volts. I’m thinking it must be the harness itself?

Calvin,

It is possible, check continuity throughout the harness and see if everything checks out please.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi Jason, I had a electrician check it for continuity and all seemed ok. I’ve tried flashing it again but still it says fail no response. Beats me? My ECU won’t connect to the ftecu program for some reason.

So after all this stuffing around with a bench kit that doesn’t work Ive paid to have a qualified auto electrician check it out. He suspects the pin outs on the harness are in the wrong spot, hence why the ECU is getting no power. 😡

Can you post a photo of the ECU side of the bench harness? Which bench kit did you purchase? Thanks

Can you post another photo of the rear of the connector (where the wires enter the connector) so we can see where the wires are mounted please? Thanks!

Hi,

It looks like your bench harness is pinned correctly. Please send me back your kit and I will test it on an ECU here and see what could be wrong.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Ok Jason, will do. Thanks