Support Forum

Using US file for EU ECU

pinpo.lee@gmail.compinpo.lee@gmail.com Posts: 6Verified User

Hi, i've got a 2CR-8591A-40(EU) for a 2016 R1 but noticed there wasn't a Graves Cat Eliminator file specific for this ECU model.

Question is, is it possible to use the 2CR-8591A-60(US) Graves Cat Eliminator file for the 40(EU) ECU?

Thanks!

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

The only way that file would work in your bike is if you removed your immobilizer and you rewired your coil and ignition wires to match the US spec firing order.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• pinpo.lee@gmail.compinpo.lee@gmail.com Posts: 6Verified User

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply. That seems like a lot of work. Will look into it with my mechanic to see if he's keen to try or not..

• pinpo.lee@gmail.compinpo.lee@gmail.com Posts: 6Verified User

Hi Jason,

Dumb question, but would it be possible to use the 2015 map instead? 2CR-8591A-00(EU) ECU for the Graves Cat Eliminator file.

Appreciate your time here.

Thank you.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

I haven't heard of it being used before but I don't see why it wouldn't work. You can give it a try and see if it functions correctly for you.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• garry.charles@sky.comgarry.charles@sky.com Posts: 10Verified User

Hi, I’ve been running that Graves de-cat 2015 8591A-00(EU) map on both 2015 and 2016 UK 2CR track bikes for the last year. Yes both bikes run great, feels much better than the standard map, less engine braking, less popping on over-run Smoother throttle and more power. Looks like you have the same exhaust to as me, the yoshi alpha 3/4.? I also have Auto blipper enabled which is just soooo smooth.