Support Forum

R-Mode features

I understand enabling R mode features is necessary for quickshifter / autoblip.

Is there any other reason to enable R mode features? Does it change anything else besides enable the usage of a quickshifter?

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

It enables any of the features the R model has compared to the standard model. This includes Quickshift, Autoblip, and Launch Control.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• How do you activate the Launch Control on a flashed non-r model gsxr1000 17+? I know on the R-model you hold the start button for 1-2 seconds and the dash goes to L L, but on the non-r model after flash, I believe there is a different way correct? like pulling in the clutch 3 times or something? I did it last year can't remember how to enable it.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

To my knowledge it should still be the same as the stock R model.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• wayne@vtconline.co.nzwayne@vtconline.co.nz Posts: 2Verified User

Yes it's the same

Regards,

Wayne

• SMFreakSMFreak Posts: 18Verified User

On 32920-17KG2 (EU) which comes for 2020 GSXR 1000 with QS/AB stock enabled after enabling RR Features i see on dash QS is active but cannot activate LC by simple start button press for 2sec once byke is idling as on RR model.

Not sure where the issue may be?

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

The LC Activation procedure is listed in the QS Launch Control Pit Limiter feature box in the file.

1. Idle in neutral while stopped.
    2. Actuate clutch lever at least three times.
    3. Proceed to first gear (LCS now active).
  • SMFreakSMFreak Posts: 18Verified User

@kento_ftecu

Have seen this but didnt touch anything within ECU Modules nor Pit Limiter, just enabled R features primarily to keep OEM QS function.

Anyways will check on the bike how it works after enabling it that way.

Thanks