Support Forum

Dynojet QS no longer works after flash on 2013 R1

greener.jay@gmail.comgreener.jay@gmail.com Posts: 15Verified User

Hello everyone

I have a 2013 Yamaha R1 with a standalone dynojet quickshifter configured for GP Shifting. After flashing the ECU, the quickshifter no longer works. It is not a mechanical/electrical issue as I literally tested everything successfully on the track, pitted, did the flash and went back out within 10 minutes.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Jason

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Did you enable the QS module in the flash file?

• greener.jay@gmail.comgreener.jay@gmail.com Posts: 15Verified User

I did yes.

What do you have the sensor type set at?

Perhaps try to reflash the file.

I have the sensor type as NO. I tried reflashing it a few times with the same result.

How are you connected to the harness? Do you have one of our QS harnesses?

I just have a wire that goes directly to the ECU and the other end goes to the negative terminal of the battery. When the sensor is closed, it grounds the pin at the ECU. No QS harness.

What pin are you connected to? Can you post photos of where it's connected? A QS harness would go a long way towards clearing this all up.

I'll post a pic when I get home tonight. Thanks for your help with this.

Did the DJ QS ever work with the FTECU software? Or it stopped working as soon as you flashed it?

Also, it's a dynojet quickshifter not an FT one.

Yes, but did it ever work before with our flash and this setup that you have?

I just flashed it with your harness and software for the 1st time on the weekend at the track. I bought the bike like that and it was flashed with something else. The QS did work before Saturday though.

So you purchased the bike with the FTECU harness and software? And it was already flashed with one of our files?

I purchased the bike with a flashed ECU and the dynojet quickshift already installed and working. I recently purchased your FTECU harness and software and flashed the bike for the 1st time with a new image on the weekend. That's when the quickshift stopped working.

I don't think it was originally flashed with one of your files because I was not able to read the ECU. I posted about that on this forum and was told that if the software couldn't read it, it was because it was flashed with another piece of software.

I just looked at the bike. As it turns out my quickshifter connects to pin 27 of my ecu (the same pin as your orange wire for the harness). I called FT when I installed it and they said to splice the wires together and insert them into pin 27. I did that and I was able to use the QS and program the bike. I attached pics this time.

The reason your QS doesn't work is because you had it set up with a Dynojet PC, or at least that's the impression the person you spoke with here thought when you described what you had and needed. Our software uses different pins because it is ECU-based, so you will need the correct QS harness in order to work with our software. Do you have any connectors on your DJ QS wiring, or were they cut off?

They are cut off. It's literally 2 wires. One goes to pin 27, the other to ground.

I have a bazzaz fuel module not pc if that makes any difference.

Do you have experience with stripping thin-gauge wire and crimping very small pins? We can send you an older QS harness with the single connector, but you'll have to install the pins to fit the connector on the sensor side.

Yes I can definitely do that. Or you can just tell me what pin to use if pin #27 is no longer it.