Support Forum

yxz 1000r trans

im having a problem flashing my trans mcu. when i try to flash it hangs up at ecu identified reading details and sits there forever. ive had successful flashes before this attempt was just trying to make some changes. it will read the trans mcu and i can still flash engine mcu. ive checked all connections and cant figure it out.

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

In the Tuning Suite, go to Help>Test Interface>Inputs. You will see an arrangement of colored dots, but don’t pay attention to them. What you want to look at is the number(s) that are in parentheses at the top.

With the power off, you should see either 0, 10, 20, or 30. The wires are identified by numbers, with #1 red, #2 Orange, #4 Yellow. 0 is the ground. If you don’t get the aforementioned numbers, the single digit will designate the problem wire. If you see a double digit number, the second digit designates the problem wires (example: 36, 6=2+4, so the Orange and Yellow wires have some sort of issue.

With power on, you should see either 6, 16, 26, or 36. If not, look at the second digit. 1, 3, 5, or 7 indicates a bad connection with the red wire. 2 indicates a bad Orange wire, 4 indicates a problem with the Yellow wire, and 0 indicates a bad power supply to ECU or issues with the common ground.